Top AS?

1. Money is no object Faberge Woodhue
2. Most often Old Spice
3. Guilty pleasure the Veg
4. Thought I'd love Fine Green Vetiver dry down to smell like beef broth on me

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Balms

1. ABC almond balm. Apricot hull is equally good, but a heavier product which I like in winter. The discontinued I Coloniali Rhubarb balm is as good or better, incense and frankincense with some woody notes and a touch of vanilla.

If you want Apricot Hull performance cheaper, Myrsol emulsion performs similarly and has a little hit of menthol.

2. ABC almond balm.

3. Acqua di Parma Colonia because of the scent but it’s very close in performance to ABC.

4. I don’t have any that I’m on the fence with.

5. Wild card, try Santa Maria Novella body cream as an AS balm. Same excellent tobacco toscano scent as some of the other men’s products.

Splashes/lotions

1. Any of the Santa Maria Novella splashes whose scent you like. The SMN lavender is one of rhe best lavenders around.

2. Myrsol Agua Balsamica, Myrsol Limon.

3. I don’t have any that I’m on the fence with

4. Can’t think of one

5. Wild cards, La Toja Manitiales Hombre. It’s a fresh ‘piney’ scent or Musgo classic, a classic patchouli/powder barbershop scent. The last is very strongly scented, I usually use it like an EdT.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Recently delved into this, seeing a lot of old school names crop up. What's your top AS..

1. When money is no object?
2. Which do you find yourself reaching for most often?
3. Guilty pleasure?
4. You want to love/think you should love, but just don't really like??
Old Spice Classic.

Balms

1. ABC almond balm. Apricot hull is equally good, but a heavier product which I like in winter. The discontinued I Coloniali Rhubarb balm is as good or better, incense and frankincense with some woody notes and a touch of vanilla.

If you want Apricot Hull performance cheaper, Myrsol emulsion performs similarly and has a little hit of menthol.

2. ABC almond balm.

3. Acqua di Parma Colonia because of the scent but it’s very close in performance to ABC.

4. I don’t have any that I’m on the fence with.

5. Wild card, try Santa Maria Novella body cream as an AS balm. Same excellent tobacco toscano scent as some of the other men’s products.

Splashes/lotions

1. Any of the Santa Maria Novella splashes whose scent you like. The SMN lavender is one of rhe best lavenders around.

2. Myrsol Agua Balsamica, Myrsol Limon.

3. I don’t have any that I’m on the fence with

4. Can’t think of one

5. Wild cards, La Toja Manitiales Hombre. It’s a fresh ‘piney’ scent or Musgo classic, a classic patchouli/powder barbershop scent. The last is very strongly scented, I usually use it like an EdT.
Great post Steve!

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
1. When money is no object? CRSW
2. Which do you find yourself reaching for most often? CRSW
3. Guilty pleasure? CRSW

Recently delved into this, seeing a lot of old school names crop up. What's your top AS.

1. When money is no object? I never buy anything expensive
2. Which do you find yourself reaching for most often? In winter, Gillette Cool Wave. In summer, AV Ice Sport
3. Guilty pleasure? Brut. Wife doesn’t like it much but I really do
4. You want to love/think you should love, but just don't really like?? Clubman Whisky Woods. Just doesn’t smell good to me. Slightly better out of a glass bottle than the plastic, but I’ll never buy it again.

My favorite is one that I have been using around 30 years... Giorgio for Men A/S balm. Of course it has been discontinued for decades, but I love it enough (smell and performance) that I will always seek out replacement vintage bottles on the aftermarket.

My favorite is one that I have been using around 30 years... Giorgio for Men A/S balm. Of course it has been discontinued for decades, but I love it enough (smell and performance) that I will always seek out replacement vintage bottles on the aftermarket.
Does anything new smell similar to it, any other Armani product?

Does anything new smell similar to it, any other Armani product?
It is a different “Giorgio”... Giorgio Beverly Hills. There is nothing like it, IMO. Luckily, it can still be found at relatively sane prices on eBay.
539B2ECF-6564-4D61-8E38-DE3EFC624430.jpeg

Money no object? Obsession. What I reach for most often? Winter, Old Spice Original...I luckily have several bottles on hand. Summer...Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Guilty pleasure? Aramis. I want to like, but can't? Stetson Black.

Being the situational shaver,it depends on the situation.a/s for work?,for a night out?,friends or family on the weekend?time of year? Humid or dry? Since it is winter,my weekend scents are clubman musk if it’s rainy,VI bay rum if it’s humid but not rainy.if it’s real dry,and I want some moisturization it’s master topaz,cptns.choice bay rum,or a.v. Musk. If it’s not too dry or humid then it’s old spice,Jovan musk,or col.conk’s bay rum. They’re perfect for the situation

Top Bottom