What's new

Top 6 most Efficient SE + Top 6 smoothest SE razors?

Efficiency

1. ATT SE2/Asylum RX
2. MMOC
3. ATT SE1
4. EL Jefe blem*
5. Schick E2
6. Aluminum General

Smoothness?

2-6 are all smooth, 1 requires more focus, but with good technique they are smooth.

* El Jefe blem can be adjusted to 1.

I've love to through the Asylum RX, ATT SE2,MMOC and the Cobra Classic in the Shave Off I'm already doing and see how they far. I got a feeling that at least one of them would make it to the top 4. Just a guess of course. Seems so long since I've had a chance to Shave with any of my SE's and I sent a message to the moderators if I could include the SE's but no response so far..

I'd love to see the Asylum Rx and Cobra Classic in your shave off.

I'm almost with you Antony but I'd have to throw the Cobra Classic in the mix. I am surprised to see an Aluminum razor on your list though. Do you find it good for your head shaves?

The aluminum General was capable with a Proline. I used it with a 60+ gram handle. The El Jefe was the more efficient razor at the time, but the General did get my BBS results, it just took more strokes.

I don't own a Cobra Classic, but I tried one in a pass around. I would place it around the General for efficiency. I wasn't impressed with the Cobra, the shape of the handle didn't work for me either.

Last edited:
I have the Schick Canadian E2 & E5 black handle, just great razors but look cheap to some. They are very smooth and efficient and will always be in my razor rotation. The E5 is the most aggressive of the two.
Now this thread has really surprised me, no one has even mentioned the Supply provision razor V1 or V2. That razor is a new addition to SE family and is reasonable priced and made of Stainless steel, adjustable by 3 levels of aggression & efficiency and is easy to clean and maintain. I was thinking of buying one and now I will wait until some others mention it here because it should be a clear winner IMO.
I had always shaved with a double edge. Several months ago I decided to try an injecter for the first tim
I have the Schick Canadian E2 & E5 black handle, just great razors but look cheap to some. They are very smooth and efficient and will always be in my razor rotation. The E5 is the most aggressive of the two.
Now this thread has really surprised me, no one has even mentioned the Supply provision razor V1 or V2. That razor is a new addition to SE family and is reasonable priced and made of Stainless steel, adjustable by 3 levels of aggression & efficiency and is easy to clean and maintain. I was thinking of buying one and now I will wait until some others mention it here because it should be a clear winner IMO.
I decided to try a single edge injector for the first time after several decades of double edge shaving. I bought the Supply Provision Razor and found it to be a great shave. I do not have a lot of experience with single edge razors but I can tell you that after having the outstanding experience with this one, I have no motivation to buy another single edge. It is super smooth and very efficient .

I have no personal experience with the King Cobra but I've talked to at least 3 people that have owned both the Cobra Classic and the King Cobra and everyone of them like the Classic quite a bit better. I also here the handle on the King is huge. Again only what I've been told my friend.

I had both versions and my biggest regret in shaving was selling the classic. The king is not even close to it.

Gotcha guys thanks for the input.
I only have the King Cobra couldn’t find the Cobra classic back then.
Is about the only SE razor in my den therefore I can’t not compare the performance.
Looking forward to get the RX soon and yes you right the handle is huge just about the same size of my Wolfman guerrilla
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyways is there if you ever need it for one of your experiments Frank. Hehe
Shave on gent’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a lot of reviews of the Asylum RX refer to it as aggressive and yet I find with a Proline in it and with good technique it is a smooth yet very efficient razor

I agree. The SE2 was easier to wield out the box than the RX but still demanded respect. My shaves with the SE2 have become extremely smooth but I still don't reach for it much due to the focus required.

I'm sure I'll have similar feelings about the RX as I found it to be in the same class as the SE2.

I know you had a not so good experience with the Cobra Classic as the handle didn't work for you but I'm ok with it and with a Proline in it I find it has a very good balance of both smoothness and efficiency.

No argument there!

An you know I could never warm up to either the El Jefe or the MRSE so I think it's safe to say some razors just work for some and not for others.

Still scratching my head on this one! :confused1

Thanks for the generous RX offer, it required more focus then I wish to give to shaving, so I don't need to try it again. I have the SE2 for those days I'm feeling frisky.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I had always shaved with a double edge. Several months ago I decided to try an injecter for the first tim

I decided to try a single edge injector for the first time after several decades of double edge shaving. I bought the Supply Provision Razor and found it to be a great shave. I do not have a lot of experience with single edge razors but I can tell you that after having the outstanding experience with this one, I have no motivation to buy another single edge. It is super smooth and very efficient .
Great to hear that, I thought it was a winner and glade you enjoy the Supply provision SE.

The MMOC is the most efficient GEM blade razor I've used, but the Sabre L2 is very close and MUCH smoother for me. My absolute favorite razor if I had to choose, even over my Wolfman or Paradigm. Love SE razors!

Top Bottom