What's new

Top 5 St. Petersburg, Russia DE Blades

Polsilver SI
Perma sharp
Nacet
King C Gillette blade

Don't know if the new Gillette king C blades are made in the same factory or if they just rebranded an existing blade but they are excellent 👌

I have a tough beard, so I like blades on the sharper end of the scale. PermaSharp Super and Nacet are my favorites with Astra Superior Stainless as my third.
The 7 O'Clock Super Stainless Green and SharpEdge Yellow, Gillette Platinum. Polsilver and Gillette Silver Blue blades are OK, but not my favorites.

The Astra SP and Rubie blades are not sharp enough to make the cut. (Pun intended). I have not tried Sputnik and have no plans to do so.

These are a winner for sure. Probably my favorite St Pete blade. I have a hard time finding them at a reasonable price though. The last tuck of 5 blades I bought cost me $4.00!

They are quite cheap here in South Africa :)

I'll send you a link to a supplier, he may be able to help.

Are Minora blades really a separate blade design from Gillette? Are they simply a rebranding of another blade for sale in certain regions of the world?

That I don't know. It's quite possible that some of the blades coming of of St. Petersburg are the same, just branded differently for different markets. I have tried different ones and there does seem to be a difference. E.g. I don't get along with the Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp-Edge Yellow. And they are again different than the Green pack. So there must be some differences in manufacturing. The Minora is similar in my experience to the Astra SP, I found them to be sharp and smooth.

Most of our supermarkets in South Africa stock these:

1601911763720.png

These can be found online (I haven't seen them in the shops or tried them, but have read that they are very nice and smooth):

1601911637917.png

Is King C Gillette a blade or a razor? I searched them and couldn't find a blade by that name.
B2303615-03CA-4A50-A27C-333D71977549.jpeg

It’s a range of products including a cart razor, DE razor and blades for both that Gillette has released in brick and mortar stores. Packaging looks like the picture above. In the US it’s being carried exclusively by Walgreens. I know there’s a few companies that are carrying them in Europe but I don’t know which ones

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
View attachment 1166374
It’s a range of products including a cart razor, DE razor and blades for both that Gillette has released in brick and mortar stores. Packaging looks like the picture above. In the US it’s being carried exclusively by Walgreens. I know there’s a few companies that are carrying them in Europe but I don’t know which ones.

Here in Italy they are sold in the "Acqua & Sapone" stores (and online on Amazon.it).

Gillette 7 o’clock super Platinum (black) trumps all other Gillette blades that I tried (GSB, 7 o’clock super stainless, Polsiver SI, Nacet, Astra, 7 o’clock yellow, Perma Sharp, Gillette platinum, Gillette rubie).

I guess 7 o’clock super platinum is the only Gillette blade (besides old version of GSB is currently in production)that got “the elite” double wrapping for the reason.

PS. My all time favourite, the sharpest and smoothest is BIC platinum chrome

Gillette 7 o’clock super Platinum (black) trumps all other Gillette blades that I tried (GSB, 7 o’clock super stainless, Polsiver SI, Nacet, Astra, 7 o’clock yellow, Perma Sharp, Gillette platinum, Gillette rubie).

I guess 7 o’clock super platinum is the only Gillette blade (besides old version of GSB is currently in production)that got “the elite” double wrapping for the reason.

PS. My all time favourite, the sharpest and smoothest is BIC platinum chrome
The Super Platinums are made in India aren't they? Great blades. I just ordered 100.

My favourite Russian Gillettes are:

Nacet
GSB
Sputnik
Perma-Sharp
Goal - oops - made in India. Still a great blade!
Astra

All are excellent blades that are in my main rotation.

looking forward to trying Rubie and Minora but I haven’t seen then available in Canada. Might have to order from Razorbladesclub to try them. 👍

Last edited:
My top 5 Russian are as YMMV

1. Gillette Nacet far cheaper than the Feather blades
2. Polsilver they're the same as the Wizamet Super Iridium.
3. Gillette Stainless red & white pack
4. Gillette Rubie
5. Voskhod

My top St Petersburg blaes are;
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra SP
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
Nacet
Polsilver SI
I have not tried the Gillette Platinum which could be on a par with GSB.

My top St Petersburg blaes are;
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra SP
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
Nacet
Polsilver SI
I have not tried the Gillette Platinum which could be on a par with GSB.

I am surprised that you have both the Astra SP and the Nacet in your list. They are significantly different blades, although both come form PPI.

I have used both Gillette Silver Blue and Gillette Platinum. They are about as identical in performance as any two blades I have used. Polsilver is also similar in performance.

Top Bottom