What's new

Top 5 Fictional Creations of All Time

King Kong - the 1933 version. CGI, not beauty, killed the beast.

Gojira - the original 1954 Japanese version of Godzilla, before Hollywood cut out the entire message and inserted Raymond Burr scenes to appeal to American audiences.

Werewolves - nothing freaked me out more as a kid than werewolf movies from 40s & 50s. "Dog Soldiers" is the best modern one. The best werewolf book is from the 70s called THE WOLFEN, by Whitley Strieber, who makes them a species that hunt, but don't turn into, humans. Forget the lame movie, read the book.

Crusader Rabbit with his sidekick Rags the Tiger, the forerunner & model for Rocky & Bullwinkle. Same show, just different critters.

Winky Dink & You - the first interactive TV show from 1953. If you didn't want mom bringing out her Cat O'Nine Tails (sold at most local stores in the 50's), you better not forgot to put that plastic sheet over that pricey 12" b&w tv screen before using a crayon to draw the bridge for Winky to escape. And there's also mom in the background yelling "you're too close to the tv, you'll ruin your eyes". A fun show for kids in the 1950s.

Last edited:
Wow. I haven't thought of Thomas Covenant since I read those books when I was 15 or 16 and they made a huge impression on me then. I need to dig them out for another go round.

Thanks for reminding me of them.
Don’t forget to read alongside a dictionary

Top five fictitious things
  1. Tardis

1. Thing

thing-the-addams-family-a15d89be-e3eb-419e-82b4-8b401e9cc56-resize-750.jpg

1. Hieronymus Bosch, the detective (I could have gone for Harry Hole here)
2. Dune, a world
3. The Enfield Tennis Academy, a world
4. Sherlock Holmes
5. James Bond, the book version

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Wow. I haven't thought of Thomas Covenant since I read those books when I was 15 or 16 and they made a huge impression on me then. I need to dig them out for another go round.

Thanks for reminding me of them.

Don’t forget to read alongside a dictionary

Puissance

The puissance of LED lights makes my calaginous mien look jacinth

I feel like I've stumbled into a Fry & Laurie sketch.

proxy.php

I'm not sure what dimension I'm operating in, but I haven't heard of any of these....

Elvira (Cult-movie TV hostess)

d62f08657e3ae08b92d097533387867f.jpg

Joan Holloway from Mad Men

proxy.php

Power Girl (DC comics character)

proxy.php

Ivy Valentine (character in the Soulcalibur video game series)

proxy.php

Seven of Nine (You've never heard of the Borg chick? Really?)

proxy.php

Top Bottom