What's new

Top 5 Essential Blades.

Interesting...I wonder what other discussions boards would show for most popular blades. Probably about the same. Odd that the above 9/2010 survey does not list USA Personnas as ranking in the top 10. Great blades, that are cheap, easy to find that everybody (in the USA at least) seems to have and like.

Interesting...I wonder what other discussions boards would show for most popular blades. Probably about the same. Odd that the above 9/2010 survey does not list USA Personnas as ranking in the top 10. Great blades, that are cheap, easy to find that everybody (in the USA at least) seems to have and like.

I think it's just because the med prep. blades were difficult to acquire a few years back. The labs, I am not sure about, but I would have assumed those were just ordinary generic Personnas at first glance. They don't shave anything like old NOS generics though. Some of those are pretty decent too though.

Are the "Persona Blue Israelis" and "Crystal" blades the same? If so, I think they'd combine with 10 votes taking the number 6 spot?

My source:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/127940-Personna-blades-confusion

Number one goes to;
1. Feather 29
2. Gillette 7o'clock Black 27
3. Polisilver 26
4. Persona Med 25
5. Tied Astra Sp and Persona Red 23
6. Perma Sharp 9
7. Wikinson Sword 8
8. Super Iridum 7
9. Persona Blue Israeli 6
10. Gillette 7o'clock Green 5
11.Tied Bic Chroma 4, Crystal 4, Gillette 7o'clock blue 4

These are the blades with the most votes
Lord gets an honorable mention with 3 both Platinum and SC
Super Max also comes in with 3
Voshkod with 3 too.

OOPS
:blush: left out Persona Meds, thank you for bringing it to my attention skydivend. The list has been revised with the corrections.

Are the "Persona Blue Israelis" and "Crystal" blades the same? If so, I think they'd combine with 10 votes taking the number 6 spot?

Along the same lines, the Polsilver SI and Super Iridium are thought to be same blade (and there's some verification from blind tests done by your fellow B/Bs. ). That put's "super iridium" at no 1!

For me its
1. Gillette 7'0 Black
2 Polsiver SI (really 1 and 2 are a tie and I buy one vs the other if I can get a good deal)
3. Feather
4. Personal Lab Blue
5. Astra (I list these because they're so forgiving and great for getting the hang of a new razor).

For me:

1. Astra SP
2. Derby
3. Rapira Super Stainless
4. Feather
5. Bic Chrome Platinum

I'd be really interested to see how this progresses. Tempted the start the mother of multi-choice polls to settle it once and for all!

For me, the list is pretty simple...

1. Gillette Black.
2. Feather.
3. Personna Lab.
4. Gillette Silver Blue.
5. Astra Superior Platinum.

I find these to be the best blades for me thus far, but I'm always willing to try something new!

Feather Yellow (I know everyone says they are the same .. to me I feel a difference)
Personna Med Preps
Personna Labs
Bolzano
Astras Green

Newbie question: Since the list of the top 10 or so most popular blades seems so consistent over the years, has some seller thought of putting together a sampler pack with nothing but 8 to 10 of the blades (at least 2 apiece) from the top dozen or so on these lists?

Newbie question: Since the list of the top 10 or so most popular blades seems so consistent over the years, has some seller thought of putting together a sampler pack with nothing but 8 to 10 of the blades (at least 2 apiece) from the top dozen or so on these lists?
Not necessarily from these lists on B&B, but some prominent online retailers put together a sample pack made up of their best sellers.

Example > http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Sample-Packs_c_1.html

Also, you can make up your own sample packs here > http://www.tryablade.com/

1. Polsilver SI
2. Gillette Platinum
3. Gillette Silver Blue

Still auditioning for 4 & 5 - next up is Perma Sharp, but I'm really happy with #1 and #2, and would be happier with GSB if they didn't have the massive glue blobs.

Top Bottom