What's new

Top 5 (DE) Ti Razors?

D

dangerousrazor

I dont think there are not many who have experienced more than 5 Ti Razor. I've tried only 1 SE and 1 DE Ti razor.

I only have 3 all Ti DE razors and they are all high on my list of favorite shavers. They are Wolfman WR1, Carbon, and RR Baby Smooth. I’d like to try the Blackbird since the SS is outstanding. I also believe the H&S in Ti would be a nice addition but never tried it.
Is the Wolfman significantly better than the Carbon in terms of comfort/smoothness? I would think it would have to be, considering it's almost twice the cost...$650 instead of $350! 😲

H&S PO76 Ti
Paradigm Ti V1
Taiga Ti
Timeless Ti .68 OC & .95 SB/OC
Wolfman WR1 .74 DC Ti
Henson Aggr Ti
Raw RS10 Ti
Blackbird Ti
And hopefully soon Yates Precision Ti
This is what I have kept in my collection
Wow...that's some collection!:thumbup:
In terms of comfort/smoothness, what would be your Top 3?
I'm guessing Timeless, Henson, and...

Not much experience with other Ti razors but, what I do know is that I love the Blackland Ti. I'll grab that razor above the Rocnel shaver I have and been very happy with it.

Wow...$650 for a razor! 😲...and I thought Timeless and Carbon Ti's were expensive at ~$325!
I think at some point the law of diminishing returns has to kick in. 🤔
For sure, I'm going to try all the "cheap" Ti's out there first to see if can manage to live with one of them! 😂
Just curious, what do current production Ti razors max out at...$1K...$2K?💰💰

Is the Wolfman significantly better than the Carbon in terms of comfort/smoothness? I would think it would have to be, considering it's almost twice the cost...$650 instead of $350! 😲
Well keep in mind the $650 from the Wolfman website is CAD. I purchased mine a few years ago before Carbon even existed and also had it anodized blue by James. As for if one is significantly better than the other for comfort or smoothness, I would say no. They feel completely different. If you were looking for comfort versus price, I would suggest avoiding the premiums of Ti razors all together. I’m not sure their comfort is better than some SS or pot metal offerings, but they can be more enjoyable and offer a nicer experience. These razors are just luxury items like jewelry.

Well keep in mind the $650 from the Wolfman website is CAD. I purchased mine a few years ago before Carbon even existed and also had it anodized blue by James. As for if one is significantly better than the other for comfort or smoothness, I would say no. They feel completely different. If you were looking for comfort versus price, I would suggest avoiding the premiums of Ti razors all together. I’m not sure their comfort is better than some SS or pot metal offerings, but they can be more enjoyable and offer a nicer experience. These razors are just luxury items like jewelry.
Thanks. I didn’t even know Wolfman was Canadian! Wow, what’s the deal with Canada 🇨🇦 and great razors 🪒?!

I tried a Timeless Ti and it was very smooth. I really love the weight of titanium...it is perfect! I just have a limit of how much I’m willing to pay..~$350.
I already have a Carbon Ti on the way...I’m on the waiting list for the Henson and Blackland. We’ll see how they go. ;)
Thanks for your help!

I think you will enjoy. I just picked up the Carbon a few weeks ago and think it is outstanding
Thanks. I didn’t even know Wolfman was Canadian! Wow, what’s the deal with Canada 🇨🇦 and great razors 🪒?!

I tried a Timeless Ti and it was very smooth. I really love the weight of titanium...it is perfect! I just have a limit of how much I’m willing to pay..~$350.
I already have a Carbon Ti on the way...I’m on the waiting list for the Henson and Blackland. We’ll see how they go. ;)
Thanks for your help!

I think you will enjoy your picks. I just added the Carbon a few weeks ago and think it is outstanding. The Henson is a nice razor but I only have the Aluminum version. I almost pre ordered the Ti at the time I bought it. I am glad I didn’t. I am not sure I would appreciate the improvements enough on that razor. Timeless did not offer Ti when I bought my SS. For me, my Timeless is beautiful but is very heavy. I think that razor would benefit tremendously from using Ti.

Christopher Bradley (Karve) razor titanium.
I didn't know Karve had Ti's either! 😲

I think I must have been living under a rock!

Are these currently on their website?
(Calling @muzichead!) I guess it depends on who you ask, but I’d say, yeah....there’s basically no such beast 🦄.
OK.... I just couldn't hold it any longer!! It is still a mystery to me that this guy tried to sell a Titanium version of his razor a year ago, was offering a May 1st, 2020 delivery, ready to take people's money and to date hasn't made a successful version of it for resale! Kinda sounds like the polished SS razor that took over a year to actually release and to date there has been maybe 5 of them seen in the wild!! The only thing he is good at is making broken promises and then hiding from everyone when its time to deliver only to resurface to tell more lies to try covering his back side, yet it baffles me that people still want to buy razors from the most dishonest guy in this industry!!

Just tried the Henson Ti22-Medium. It is my new favorite razor 🪒
I also have a Ti22-Aggressive arriving today👍🏻 Hopefully it does not live up to its name! 😂
2B530592-EE96-48EB-B2C7-0B737BEFEDED.jpeg

Just tried the Henson Ti22-Medium. It is my new favorite razor 🪒
I also have a Ti22-Aggressive arriving today👍🏻 Hopefully it does not live up to its name! 😂
View attachment 1266363

Henson Ti22 is the bomb. I have Blackbird stainless and it's a fabulous razor, but you're not going to like the blade feel. It's very blade forward compared to the razors you've been trying. Always worth a try though....you never know.

BTW ,mainly two titanium alloys are used for the making of shaving razors : Grade 2 & Grade 5 .

Check out their differences .

H&S PO76 Ti
Paradigm Ti V1
Taiga Ti
Timeless Ti .68 OC & .95 SB/OC
Wolfman WR1 .74 DC Ti
Henson Aggr Ti
Raw RS10 Ti
Blackbird Ti
And hopefully soon Yates Precision Ti
This is what I have kept in my collection
Would you rate them in the same order?

Henson Ti22 is the bomb. I have Blackbird stainless and it's a fabulous razor, but you're not going to like the blade feel. It's very blade forward compared to the razors you've been trying. Always worth a try though....you never know.
You’re probably right, but the Blackbird is so highly regarded around here, I’m probably going to give a try.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Timeless Ti OC and SB in terms of feel?

Also, I want to try a Henson Ti22-Mild.
Everyone seems to be sold out. Any suggestions? (I can’t list anything on BST for a couple of weeks.)

Would you rate them in the same order?
Depends on what you are looking for I listed above the 3 smoothest.
The most efficient close between Paradigm V1 and BB Ti, followed very closely by the PO76. Unless of course you dial the Taiga way up and it becomes the most efficient.

Timeless.68 OC Ti
RS10 Ti
Wolfman .74 DC Ti
These 3 are the smoothest but all are very smooth
Interesting that you found the Wolfman smoother than the Henson!

Its also interesting that your top pick is an OC! I’m guessing you didn’t try the Timeless SB! That’s crazy smooth!

Interesting that you found the Wolfman smoother than the Henson!

Its also interesting that your top pick is an OC! I’m guessing you didn’t try the Timeless SB! That’s crazy smooth!
The Henson I have is the aggressive and it is smooth but falls just behind the Wolfman for me. I had an Timeless SB .68 plate but the small loss in smoothness was easily made up in efficiency. This is just my experience and mostly I shave daily with a wirey gray beard but so far I have found the Ti version of any razor has a softer feeling vs it’s SS counterpart
I recently ordered the H&S ZO74 and the Carbon Cx in Ti so this may change my rankings

Last edited:
BTW ,mainly two titanium alloys are used for the making of shaving razors : Grade 2 & Grade 5 .

Check out their differences .

Is the alloy used in the Homelike Taiga similar to one of these Western grades? The Russians seem to have a different parallel system of grading their Ti alloys.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom