4. Old Spice
5. Bootleggers Bay Rum/ or Pinaud VIBR if I'm out of Bootleggers

Tough question. Today, I'd say:

1. Derby City Chop Shop
2. PAA Sk8shop
3. Tabac
4. Floid Vigoroso
5. Wm Neumann Heartwood

Never tried the Fine aftershaves but they are getting great reviews and I just ordered the American Blend and the Sandalwood scent. Really excited about trying them!!!
I've not tried the Sandalwood, but you will love the American Blend. I often find myself opening and smelling the bottle when I go into the bathroom.

Top five, in no order:

1. La Toja
2. Ogallala Bay rum, Sage and Cedar
3. Bootlegger's El Dorado
4. Booster's Polar Ice
5. Pinaud Special Reserve

I can't handle strong scents. Here's a mild/low scent top 5. No particular order:

Myrsol Aqua Balsamica
Myrsol Metilsol
Myrsol Formula K
Speick Active
Tuff Sensitive

In no particular order -

Sir Irisch Moos
Barristers Reserve Cool Blue
Myrsol Antesol
TOBS Shave Shop
Proraso Green

Special Mention - Old Spice Burley

I appreciate everyone's input. I have gotten some new ideas and I have ordered several different Fine aftershaves, Tabac and several different Stirling Aftershaves based upon everyone's list. Keep them coming!

My fav's:
CD Eau Sauvage
Proraso Green Splash
Ice Blue Aqua Velva

But a Fine Platinum is in the mail - I am REALLY looking forward to trying that out, based on all the favorable comments and recommendations.

In no particular order:

Skin Bracer
Captain's Choice North
Avon Tai Winds
Bootlegger's Bay Rum
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

#1- Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Vanilla
Speick
Proraso Red
Bootlegger's El Dorado

This is an awfully difficult exercise. The first three on my list are year 'round for me, the last two are what I'd choose now in the colder weather. They will change here in a month or two.
Also, I am starting to really like Bay Rums, and have been playing around with some different ones. I expect that given some time, they would score higher on my list.

Really, I need, like, a top 100.

My fav's:
CD Eau Sauvage
Proraso Green Splash
Ice Blue Aqua Velva

But a Fine Platinum is in the mail - I am REALLY looking forward to trying that out, based on all the favorable comments and recommendations.

I used Fine Platinum for the first time yesterday. Initially it is very strong scented and smelt too much like Polo cologne. Very overpowering but after about 30 or 45 minutes or so it settled down and turn into a slightly sweet smoky pineapple scent that was lovely but the first 30 minutes to 45 minutes I didn't like.

1.] Fine Platinum 2.] Stirling Lime 3.] Fine American Blend 4.] Stirling Orange Chill 5.] Stirling Bay Rum

Interesting. Do you place Fine Platinum over Stirling Executive Man? They are the same scent profile. Out of the bottle I think Fine Platinum is better as I get more of an alcohol smell from Stirling. Once on they are both great. I do prefer the Stirling hydrating properties a bit more, though a few drops of glycerine in any Fine A/S also does the trick for me. I can't decide!

Here's what I have now:
Co9t
CC Sandalwood
PAA Aqua D
PAA Gondolier
Pashana

I'll always keep the first three in stock, but will likely swap out the last two from time to time, in order to try new ones. Research, you understand. ;)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1. Musgo Real
2. Speick
3. DR Harris Arlington
4. Aqua Velva Sport
5. Whatever I used recently and liked.

I'm going to go with my most used in no order

1) Fine Snakebite
2) Chiseled Face Cryogen

I use these when I want the alcohol sting and I almost always follow these up with a balm. The rest have to stand on their own

3) Le Pere Lucien - for the spring fougere/lavender time of the year. Could also just have easily been Myrsol Agua balsamica.
4) Reef Point Admiralty. I could just as easily have chosen submariner or Aviator. I think Reef Points stuff is the jam.
5) Krampert. I simply can't choose between the bay rum or the frost bite. Both are stellar.

All of that said, I wouldn't want to be without my proraso green, crown tonic, speick, PAA CAD, razorocks or Stirlings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom