What's new

Top 5 Aftershaves?

IMG_2981.JPG

Here’s my top 5 aftershaves in 2 categories; vintage and modern.
Vintage
5 Black Belt
4 Faberge Brut
3 Avon Wild Country Musk
2 Shulton Old Spice Lime
1 English Leather

Modern
5 PAA Meta Nectar Attar
4 Razorock The Stallion
3 D.R. Harris Marlborough
2 T&H West Indian Lime
1 Floris Of London No89
UPDATE
Vintage
5 Jade East
4 Avon Clint
3 English Leather
2 Faberge Brut
1 Gillette Sun Up

Modern
5 PAA Aloha Smackdown
4 Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
3 Floris Of London no89
2 D.R. Harris Marlborough
1 Acqua Di Parma

SV Dolomitti
SV felce aromatica
SV 70th
Fine accoutrements italian citrus
Fine accoutrements lavender pour homme
Fine accoutrements platinum
Speick active
Proraso green

Got a bottle of floid vignorosso on its way so highly expectations for that one...

Updating again

Proraso Green
Varen
Clubman Original
Fine Snakebite
Murphy & McNeil - Kells

honourable mention: La Toja

Aaaand another go:
Proraso Green
Varen
Fine Snakebite
Murphy & McNeil - Kells
Fine L'Orange Noir

honourable mention to: Catie's Bubbles Royal Garden (new arrival solid chance this moves up and changes the order of things)

Clubman Original (soft spot for this and will always have some in the rotation, but I regularly reach for other juice)

Brands wise SV by a country mile, in terms of ingredients used, strength and overall feel (on my face)

A&E and Stirling come in at the shared 2nd place for me.

Scents are subjective, so I'll skip recommending any particular fragrance.

Aaaand another go:
Proraso Green
Varen
Fine Snakebite
Murphy & McNeil - Kells
Fine L'Orange Noir

honourable mention to: Catie's Bubbles Royal Garden (new arrival solid chance this moves up and changes the order of things)

Clubman Original (soft spot for this and will always have some in the rotation, but I regularly reach for other juice)
Time to refresh the list... things always change.

Proraso Green
Varen
Fine Snakebite
B&M Classic
3P pre/post

I still like the things I like but these are the ones that I reach for most and will definitely refill when the time comes.

MBW makes soaps and has a bunch of EO and fragrance oils, along with the a few gallons of the 99.9% alcohol, so it's time to start mixing up some of my own. The mission will be to see if I can make something that can crack that regular rotation.

5 month update
Ogallala Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorn double strength
Ogallala Bay Rum double strength
Pinaud Special Reserve
Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Brut
1 year and 8 months update 😳

Ogallala Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorn double strength
Ogallala Bay Rum double strength
Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Pinaud Lime Sec
English Leather

In alphabetical order ...

TOP 5 "GO-TO"s
  • Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Hydrating Toner. It's a whole lot more than witch hazel. It's cheap, nourishes the skin, and is quick and easy to apply - not just for shaving. May not be the best, but it's convenient, and it helps.
  • ETHOS Grooming Essentials Skin Food Splash. There are several scents, and they all work great for me. Very pricey, but IME very effective and delightfully scented.
  • L'Occitane CADE After Shave Balm "vintage", where "vintage" means that the last purchase for my dwindling stash was made in 2018. Also very pricey but very effective and delightfully scented IME.
  • Nivea Men Deep Comforting After Shave - Vanilla & Bourbon. Contains alcohol (antiseptic, astringent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (occlusive), and Propylene Glycol (humectant) - all at a bargain price. The last two ingredients help keep the skin moist, but truth be told, I like it a lot for the old-timey, alcohol vibe, and I just love the scent.
  • Pitralon Classic After Shave. The name says it all, except IMO for not doing justice to the scent. There is something about the scent that works exceptionally well for me with a wide variety of soaps.

HONORABLE MENTION (also great stuff IMO, but I just don't reach for them as often)
  • Epsilon Blue Splash
  • Fine L'Orange Noir
  • Floid Black
  • Floid Vigoroso

Top Bottom