What's new

Top 3

based on whatever is most important to you, cost, closeness, smoothness, etc. in order - what are your top razors/carts and why. Could be different models of carts in same razor, Mach3 sensitive, Mach3 Turbo, or different razors.

To start it off:
First Fusion Flexball Power razor with the standard cart, smoothest and closest

Second is Harry's razor, as smooth, not quite as close

Third Gillette Sensor with original 2 blade Excel cart. not quite as close or smooth compared to Harrys

All Gillette for me (I've only ever used 3 types)
Mach 3
Sensor Excel
Fusion (This is 3rd, but a very distant 3rd, as I never liked these and went right back to the Mach 3)

I've never tried the Proglide version of the Fusion carts.

The hardest part with any multiblade is getting under your bose

That is true. That's the one thing I liked about the fusions, was that they had that single blade on the back that helped with trimming the area just under the nose. I kept a few of them even tho I didn't like the 5 blade side very much, just for the single blade on the back. :)

These are not really in a specific order but I would say:

Gillette Guard
Schick ST2
Gillette Sensor 2 (good news)

The dorco twins are also pretty nice however they are too mild for me.

Gillette Trac II. That's the only cartridge I like because I don't like razors with a head that pivots.
I guess the Gillette 7 O'Clock II are the same.

Gillette Trac II. That's the only cartridge I like because I don't like razors with a head that pivots.
I guess the Gillette 7 O'Clock II are the same.

Yep, I think they are..maybe just without lube strip.

After using my Trac II for a good while, I tried an Atra, and had 7 weepers..I carved myself up! So back to Trac II for good, Atra handle retired LOL

I liked Track II, but the Personna brand on them was very rough. I felt like those cartridges had spotty quality control. I might try the Dorco.

I like the Schick Quattro for around 10 shaves, but I can only do 2 passes before irritation comes in

I get decent uses from cartridges as long as it's paired with a Soap or Cream lather. The big difference was stopping the canned stuff

If I want to be done in 2 passes, 4-5 blade systems are OK. If I want to do 3 passes, then it has to be 3 blades or less.

The Schick ST2 is a good twin disposable, but I wasn't comfortable throwing away that much plastic. I'd keep them for travel

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I don't think that I'm allowed to play here without adult supervision due to lack of experience. :001_unsur

I have a Sensor, a Mach-3, and a few Personna Speed-3 disposables. Alas, I purchased the Mach-3 Dec.31.2016 but have yet to use it.

Therefore, my ranking is:
1) Sensor
2) Personna Speed-3
??)Mach-3 (unused)

Dorco Pace 7
Gillette ProGlide
Gillette Mach 3

I haven't tried the new cheaper Gillette 3 or 5 carts yet. They might alter the rankings based on price if they're good.

Top Bottom