What's new

Top 3 tobacco by weight in your cellar

Escudo, and SPC Plum Pudding Special Reserve are tied for the top spot. Orlik Golden Sliced is number three, but just barely.

I want to have plenty of my favorite blends on hand in 20-30 years from now, but I'd also like to be surprised by variety of blends that I might not have stocked up on if I were only getting my favorites.

Cellaring, deep and wide method!

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
1. Escudo
2. Rattray's Old Gowrie
3. Rattray's Marlin Flake

I was pretty close in my guess...I thought HOTW would have been up there higher.

I have a lot of tobacco 😁

1. Peter Stokkebeye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake. I bought a lot of this on sale early in the journey; glad I did!

2. Watch City Off the Rails, the Pipe Smokers Den 2019 Tobacco of the Year, a VaOr. This was an interesting buy in that you put in a pre-order for as much as you wanted and then Ernie Q blended up the total from all buyers + a little. It was a one time deal and will not be made again - so I bought a lot, 5#, glad I like it!

3. Watch City Rhythm and Blues. A VaPer with three different Virginias and a dose of Perique. A very nice smoking VaPer that tends to only be available from time to time, maybe twice a year? I can't remember. Upper limit is one pound per customer, so that is what I tend to buy.

I'm a big fan of the Watch City blends, Ernie Q is a great blender of Virginia and Burley blends. Not the most inexpensive blends, but oh so worth it. I was not too surprised when I built a tab on my spreadsheet where I could sort out blends by weight. Some of my early buys when I was first exploring show up with some fair amounts. Some of the higher weight blends are the results of great deals and my lack of perspective. For instance, my foray into Cigarbids.com led to a heavy accumulation of SPC Plum Pudding, when they had 8oz cans on the falling auctions; some great deals for sure, but I don't know if I'll smoke 2.5 pounds in the near term. If I had it to do over, I would not be in such a hurry to buy pounds. Some of those blends will be a long time getting smoked. But, then again, if the tobacco purchasing environment continues to erode, I have an ample supply of future bowls!

Looks like mine is

Stonehaven - I won’t say how much I have cellared

FVF - 4 pounds

Penzance - 2.5 pounds

closely behind those three are

McClelland Fragrant Matured Cake - 1.5 pounds

Sutliff Black Cordial - just over a pound

As you all can see from that and my latest order I posted about, I smoke a bit of everything lol.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
1. Condor Long Cut (~375g)
2. Revor Plug (~350g)
3a. Gawith Hoggarth Four Squires (~300g)
3b. Solani 660 Silver Flake (~300g)
3c. Peterson Signature Flake (~300g)

I don't think I have more than 100g of any other individual blend.

1. Peter Stokkebeye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake. I bought a lot of this on sale early in the journey; glad I did!

2. Watch City Off the Rails, the Pipe Smokers Den 2019 Tobacco of the Year, a VaOr. This was an interesting buy in that you put in a pre-order for as much as you wanted and then Ernie Q blended up the total from all buyers + a little. It was a one time deal and will not be made again - so I bought a lot, 5#, glad I like it!

3. Watch City Rhythm and Blues. A VaPer with three different Virginias and a dose of Perique. A very nice smoking VaPer that tends to only be available from time to time, maybe twice a year? I can't remember. Upper limit is one pound per customer, so that is what I tend to buy.

I'm a big fan of the Watch City blends, Ernie Q is a great blender of Virginia and Burley blends. Not the most inexpensive blends, but oh so worth it. I was not too surprised when I built a tab on my spreadsheet where I could sort out blends by weight. Some of my early buys when I was first exploring show up with some fair amounts. Some of the higher weight blends are the results of great deals and my lack of perspective. For instance, my foray into Cigarbids.com led to a heavy accumulation of SPC Plum Pudding, when they had 8oz cans on the falling auctions; some great deals for sure, but I don't know if I'll smoke 2.5 pounds in the near term. If I had it to do over, I would not be in such a hurry to buy pounds. Some of those blends will be a long time getting smoked. But, then again, if the tobacco purchasing environment continues to erode, I have an ample supply of future bowls!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing has changed in my top three in the ensuing two years since my last response. A bit less of the top three but still enough that I'm not overly concerned. For perspective, that 5 pounds of WC OTR is now down to 3.77 pounds, some of which I've given away. The other day I did find myself contemplating a large buy of PS LBF as I'm under five pounds in the cellar and the threat of the tobbacopocalypse loomed large in my imagination. Maybe I am concerned?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Rattray's Black Mallory and Rattray's Accountant's Mixture. Never saw a need for a third. Heck, had it not been for the recent Black Mallory shortage I might have only one, but I have come to enjoy the Accountant's Mixture very much.

Top Bottom