What's new

Top 3 Most Efficient and Smooth DE Razors ?

Daily shaver here.

1. Karve CB Stainless, OC-C or OC-D
2. Rockwell 6S, usually plate, sometimes 4 or 6
3. Karve CB Brass, OC-B

All the plates mentioned are smooth and efficient. Which ne gets used just depends on how my face feels that day, or sometimes just on a whim. The differences are not huge.

If you were forced to pick only one between Karve or Rockwell 6S, which one would you have picked?

I don't have a good answer other than that I wouldn't want to give up either. I enjoy that the 6S is a very relaxed shave, and I can get comfortable BBS with anything from plate 3 - 6. The Karve with the plates I use needs a bit more attention, but aesthetically it is a work of art (especially the stainless), the shaves are superb, and I prefer open comb over safety bar. So, I alternate 7 days each and enjoy every week. (Although sometimes the Karve sneaks in a couple of extra days).

Fortunately I won't have to make a choice :) .

Fortunately I won't have to make a choice :) .

Unfortunately, I have to make a choice ;(( Given that Karve gives the open comb options, I'm more likely to go with that.

At the same time, Rockwell 6S keeps getting mentioned here often as an "efficient and smooth" razor. Hence comes the dilemma!

I am a daily shaver with a light stubble. My top 3 smooth (in the sense of comfortable feeling with as little blade feel as possible) yet immensely efficient (in the sense of requiring as few passes as possible to avhieve the same level of shave condition) shavers are:-

1. Haircut and shave PO76 titanium
2. 2020 Paradigm diamondback
3. 2020 Rocnel Sailor adjustable razor

All three are incredible razors but of them, the PO76 titanium pips the post for me as being slightly the most adept razor at achieving both parameters.

Currently, my top 3 are

1. Game Changer 84
2. Fatip Piccolo
3. Parker Semi-slant

The Semi-slant was a surprise because it was very efficient. It's smooth but I'd say it's more efficient than smoothh.

Top Bottom