What's new

Top 3 Brands of Shaving soap/cream

This should be good... not trying to start anything but that do you like as your top 3 shaving creams? Example: Taylor of Old Bond Street etc.

-Baume.be
consistently rated 2nd for performance behind Acqua di Parma(and xpec) for years, but I don't have that

-Ethos tallow cream
I only just got this a month ago so I am not sure the performance is better, different though

-St James London
the ingredients are nearly the same as the other UK creams, but with some exclusive additions

I don't use my Baume.be enough because it's unscented, but it's slick and protective. The Ethos has EO for fragrance and it's characteristics are perfectly to my preference, but I haven't had it long as mentioned. I always want to have a St James cream around, I like the fragrances and they are possibly slightly higher quality than the usual three brands. Their post shave gel is a big part of why I like them so much, even though I prefer alcohol based AS.

Honourable mention goes to Fitjar Islands creams, they are lovely, but I don't like the way they lather and dry on my face.

I don't use my Baume.be enough because it's unscented, but it's slick and protective.
I have never researched this stuff until I just read the key words for me: Unscented and Slick.

Yeesh...not sure I want to spend that much on a cream. I've been putting off the Canada shave soap for the same reason and that's cheaper. :D

Yeesh...not sure I want to spend that much on a cream.
Go look up the price of AdP at Pasteur(or a department store) and get back to me! Or go read @Kennyg2019's older posts about finding his perfect cream. You will catch a few of my posts if you find the threads! One note, it's now a firm "cream," but still a cream once you start loading it, it just takes some swirls like a soap.

Go look up the price of AdP at Pasteur(or a department store) and get back to me! Or go read @Kennyg2019's older posts about finding his perfect cream. You will catch a few of my posts if you find the threads! One note, it's now a firm "cream," but still a cream once you start loading it, it just takes some swirls like a soap.
here is the kennyg2019 thread: Slickest Shaving Soap (or Cream)? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/slickest-shaving-soap-or-cream.605452/

here is the kennyg2019 thread:
Thanks for digging it up!
Also:

And the cheap alternative:

these are linked to the post, hopefully they go there

Last edited:
I will let you know when I find them ;)

am narrowing down my gear and need to try a few more like st james and truefit and grooming dept and WSP and I will be done trying so until those come in and I compare I might say

Captains Choice Cream
TOBS
SV

but sure I will change my mind as I narrow things down more and of those 3 I do like certain things about each one a touch more than the other and at this point if I had to only have one it would be the Captains Choice for me since the post seems to be the best TOBS is better during the shave and the SV is just so wonderful all around if I could take the best of each of these :) oh to dream

Tough scruff on sensitive skin gets prepped for shaving and protected from cuts with this conditioning Shaving Cream from Weleda. It's a skin-softening, wet shave treatment that's been carefully formulated for sensitive skin. Weleda's Shaving Cream will enrich and support your skin's natural moisture balance with sweet almond oil, organic pansy extract and goat's milk, leaving your skin looking and feeling soft, clean-cut and flawless. With smooth skin and an enticing herbal scent, there's no need to be sensitive about feeling and looking so good.

lasta

Blade Biter
Brands or manufacturer?

For me:

Mauer & Wirtz (Tabac)
Colgate Palmolive
Whoever makes English creams (TOBS, St. James, Piccadilly etc)

Italian TFS gets a nod.

But creams/soaps are ymmv. I have combination/oily skin, so all I need is lubrication, none of that skin tenderizing stuff that just about all American artisans are into.

For people with dry skin, over-fatted soaps are the best ever.

I am only regularly using two creams currently…

- St. James of London Sandalwood and Bergamot
- Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe

Both are fantastic.

I also use Proraso creams, but not often (I own Red, green, white and blue). Simpson as well.

so many great shave creams, it's really hard to tag three best.

here are three brands that come to mind initially...

best shave creams.jpg

Top Bottom