What's new

Toothpick’s Never-Ending Blade Reviews

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve been working on collecting these for years. I’ve been working on using them just as long.

My goal is to use a different blade for each shave and give a review of it here. If the blade is worth it I may use it for a second shave, or a third, to really get an understanding of it. Yeah...this could take me years. I don’t shave every day. Generally every other day, but right now I’m at 4 days. I basically shave whenever I feel like it. As I said...this could take years.

The blades: 170 of them

03608E23-C729-481D-A4BA-509FA094FB9E.jpeg

If you see a duplicate let me know and I’ll yank it. I already see one, can you spot it?

The soap will be mostly vintage - Williams mostly. Maybe some tallow AOS and Colgate. I think I have some Old Spice too. Of course, I may bust out the Barbasol. Just depends on my mood.

I won’t be messing around trying to make a blade “work” for me either. If the first couple strokes of the razor are unbearable I’m going to swap out the blade. I suspect many of these will be swapped mid shave.

Blade Reviews

Last edited:
:o16: WOW, @Toothpick, what an amazing array of blades!! Looking forward to your reviews!!
(as for the duplicate blades, the pair I see are not duplicates, per se; just one is from the north and the other is from the south, depends on which way you're swing the sword)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
:o16: WOW, @Toothpick, what an amazing array of blades!! Looking forward to your reviews!!
(as for the duplicate blades, the pair I see are not duplicates, per se; just one is from the north and the other is from the south, depends on which way you're swing the sword)
Which ones?

Added to my watched threads list.

With my luck you will give a great review to a blade that’s practically impossible to get. :c4:

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Looks like 2 7 O'Clock Super Platinums in the second column from the right.
One is a blue wrapper, one is a black wrapper. I’m pretty sure they are the same blade. But I thought different wrappers...so might as well find out!

2nd column from right 7th row from the top and 5th column from right 2nd row from the bottom "Gillette Bleue Extra" possible match? Have to unwrap them to be sure.. You're a brave and patient soul, Jason :ouch1::badger:..

Top Bottom