What's new

Toothpick's Beard Oil/Balm Reviews

Stewards are young and jovial that have all the fun around here. Moderators are cross eyed old men that wave canes yelling "get off my lawn!".

Funny! I appreciate the efforts of both but being old school have a slightly greater appreciation and respect for the old curmudgeons and old ladies with garden hoses directing youths to get off their stoops! :biggrin1:

Tom

Today I tried the Mr. Natty. YIKES!

The scent on this is terrible. Not sure if it is spoiled or not but I won't be using it again. I can't even describe it.
It's made with grape seed oil, peach kernel oil, vetiver root oil, black pepper seed oil, and citrus peel oil.

I think it's the pepper that I smell the most. In any case I won't be using it again.

Thanks Toothpick , boy ! Bring Me Sunshine , where did they come up with that name ? I don't get the pepper , not sure what I'm smelling ? I don't think its spoiled , but I tried adding Sharp Dressed Man AS , and it helped . But then I tried Sharp Dressed Man lotion adding it and now that really works , like a different product all together , the weird smell is gone , but the beard oil still does a nice job . It changes both fragrances , but its a good one . :thumbup1:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Used a new one today. Really like the scent on this one.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456612088.608647.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456612098.844489.jpg

Downside of going back to just the goatee, my current 3 bottle stock of oils will take a *very* long time to use up, so won't be buying any more till at least one of the bottles is used. lol

I am making homemade beard oils for more than six months already and happy with the results. The last one was made of jojoba oil as a base with castor and coconut oils added for additional performance on softening and maintaining growth. The essentials I used were: pine, sandalwood, teatree, lavender and a few drops of eucalyptus. The scent is good, but next time I plan to also add some sweetness and bitter with mixing pepper and vanilla maybe. The patchouli seems to be interesting in the meaning of scent.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

Picked this stuff up on a recent trip to Q-Brothers in Chicago. First use today and I really like it! It has a strong mint smell to me out of the bottle. But once massaged in my beard it fades away quickly and I'm left with a super soft and manageable beard.
I can run a comb through it with no snags. I'm impressed with just one use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made in Ireland ! St Patrick's Day Treat ! I'm glad that one smells nice . Jason the Mr Natty's Sunny Morning has started smelling pretty good , I'm getting a Eucalyptus and Cedar Scent , the whiskers are soft . Thanks ! Congratulations on getting one that is appealing , and smells good .

I think my nose was off , even the other stuff is smelling better , it works softening also . Thanks for the Mr Natty's !

I've been making my own beard oils for the past several months. I use a blend of jojoba, argan, and almond oils as carrier oils and have made scents that are "woodsy" with bergamot, patchouli, cedar wood, etc... As well as sandalwood, lime, and bay rum scented oils. I really have a worlds supply of beard oil now!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Capt Fawcett's Beard Oil Private Stock.

Might be the best smelling stuff I've tried so far. Going to use this for the next week or so. First use today and I think it's really great. It's funny how I can tell a big difference between running a comb through my beard without beard oil applied and with beard oil applied. No question that the beard oil really makes a difference in softening the beard and making it easier to comb and manage.

At $60.00 it's out of my price range for what I would spend on a beard oil. Luckily I won this as part of a beard contest.
https://ekinon.com/products/beard

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465672823.313807.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465673058.143951.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1465673066.559211.jpg

Last edited:
Think I'm just going to go with this set up. I smelled the "Booters" beard oil and it was grapeseed oil and glycerin, etc. Smelled like canola oil. I think Proaso's oil, balm and wash will be the ticket.
proxy.php

Top Bottom