What's new

Toothbrushes with natural bristles

Hello,
I've been searching dental care products of my local shaving shop and I discovered that there are toothbrushes with natural bristles (boar/badger). Are they better better in any any way than the usual nylon ones? Are they worth buying as they're way more expensive? I'm asking because I don't want to buy useless toothbrush when I can have very good toothbrush for less than 2 bucks from manufacturer in my country.

I think any decent toothbrush that feels good to your mouth, your teeth and gums, and to your hand is fine. All toothbrushes should be discarded every 30 days, at least that was the conventional wisdom years ago.

The next time you are with your dentist, the question of natural vs. synthetic bristles would be an excellent question. And you might share the answer with us.

Wait. You might call the receptionist and ask her to ask the dentist when between patients. Simple question: Natural, synthetic, or no difference?

I'm voting for no difference. I also think the addition of daily flossing is more important than the source of bristles on a toothbrush.

Last edited:
If you are looking to try a natural bristle toothbrush I purchase mine from Kleenteeth.com the Lactona brand. Run about $4 and change. Last a couple of months and then I replace them. They offer free shipping if you purchase like $25 of stuff or something like that. They also have synthetic bristle brush so you can mix or buy whatever. Only bad part is that you get stuck with various colors and you have no choice. IMO I think they can challenge any higher priced toothbrush for the quality and come out on top. Again IMO.

Been using naturals for years and they seem to work just as good as synthetics and last for years.

I bought my last batch of Rooney toothbrushes many years ago and they have worked fantastic. Made of bone and natural bristle.

Naturals do wear out eventually but that's to be expected.

Chris

Top Bottom