What's new

took my blade that couldent shave and made it shave ready in an unconventional way

i got my straight edge going again using 1000g,1500g,2000.g sand paper plus a bunch os stropping. while its not perfect and could use some more work. it can be done with a light pressure but even now its better thn it was straight from the store
is it possible to get a closer shave with a traditional hand ground blade than a machined one?
i think it may just need a good bit more stropping. hoping at the level its at doesnt give me a lot of irritation. actually excited to shave again, first time in a long time. its the grim dollar 208 i bought a few months back

I'm not sure I've understood you correctly, but if I have: you plan to shave with a 2000 grit edge?

I hope it works out. If it does not, Curad makes a really useful blood stop gauze. It sort of melts and becomes an artificial scab.

Your heading says you made it shave ready but you haven't shaved yet?
How do you know?
I would not expect it to shave well, but good luck.

Just a thought if you run into problems..... check out the thread about Lapping Film in the Honing sub-forum.

I tried it recently and it works very, very well. I'm not a stones vs. film guy. I'm a frugal guy who can't afford stones. YMMV.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Just a thought if you run into problems..... check out the thread about Lapping Film in the Honing sub-forum.

I tried it recently and it works very, very well. I'm not a stones vs. film guy. I'm a frugal guy who can't afford stones. YMMV.
I’ve used film and pasted balsa for years. While I’ve got a set of Shapton stones, I much prefer the films.

Top Bottom