What's new

Took a gamble last night on a purchase

I took a gamble last night on a quick purchase and decided to show you guys whats coming to the shave den. Its a Joseph Elliot with white bone scales, there is no Sheffield markings just the 2 C's and a Maltese cross and a stamping that says Joseph Elliot Best Silver Steel. Looked pretty old but in decent shape and I liked the blond scales with the pressed "hollow ground razor" stamp that was probably in gold leaf as well. I will post more after I clean this one up and hone it for service. Any info is appreciated and welcomed of course.

Larry

s-l1600.jpg

Ok, stupid question, since its probably horn, do I do my usual neatsfoot oil soak/rubdown and polish? I saw it on an auction site and nobody was bidding on it during the last hour. I wound up snagging this for 50% higher then the shipping cost and that wasnt all that much. Couldnt let a piece of history walk on by so I put a low bid and let the dice roll. I also had just delivered a 3.5"x3/4" vintage translucent Arkie and a 4"x2" surgical black Arkie. Hope to use those soon as well.

Larry

Ok, here is the restored razor. I believe in removing little of material as possible so that I don’t modify a blade or the scales and preserve as much of the originality as possible. I do have to say,given the age of this one it’s quite a looker and more impressive in person. Below is the eye candy to ogle over, next it’s off to the stones to be honed.

Larry

4D0459CC-797E-4976-B64E-AA1C61BAE1EA.jpeg
92A2BF49-A311-4639-8B65-D1995D2AA000.jpeg
622B401B-A6A1-480C-AC76-9E1627BA8479.jpeg
8B677EF2-8385-492C-99C9-CC52382B03D5.jpeg

Top Bottom