What's new

Took a flyer on Speick after shave which arrived today

I also ordered an extra stick of the soap. The after shave is interesting. Has alcohol and witch hazel among the rest of the ingredients and on the initial splash I wasn't sure I liked it (smells nothing like the soap, neither does the cream) but in moments I picked up whatever citrusy notes it has and liked it quite a bit. Very nice after shave. I normally don't use splashes other than vintage Old Spice, preferring to use aftershave balms but this, along with Proraso's green splash are two new items in my shaving cabinet that will get regular use.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Very good juice - just got a re-up from Maggard's where it had been out of stock since I ran out of the last bottle. Other than the Clubman I can't recall "missing" an aftershave ..

Gotta say, I'm loving this. This was a sleeper to me. I'm pretty much a die hard vintage Shulton Old Spice man but, even with my cache, if I live long enough, I'll run out and there are too many crooks online (refilling old bottles with clones, made up old spice scent (see etsy and ebay for the "essential oi" versions where you can make your own batch), new product sold as old, etc. Point being, not a terrible idea to find new, refreshing aftershaves and while this is nothing like vintage Old Spice, it's really nice and has a bit of staying power. And no one will mistake you for a sailor in a captain's hat... ;)

Speick is soooo fresh smelling.
(like you're romping through the Austrian Highlands in early-Springtime with the von Trapp's....)

and it pairs well with MWF.
(German Pitrilon, as well...)

Gotta say, I'm loving this. This was a sleeper to me. I'm pretty much a die hard vintage Shulton Old Spice man but, even with my cache, if I live long enough, I'll run out and there are too many crooks online (refilling old bottles with clones, made up old spice scent (see etsy and ebay for the "essential oi" versions where you can make your own batch), new product sold as old, etc. Point being, not a terrible idea to find new, refreshing aftershaves and while this is nothing like vintage Old Spice, it's really nice and has a bit of staying power. And no one will mistake you for a sailor in a captain's hat... ;)
With Speick, Proraso Green and Proraso Red, I feel like I'm pretty well set for aftershaves. That hasn't stopped me from trying more of them, though.

:biggrin:

With Speick, Proraso Green and Proraso Red, I feel like I'm pretty well set for aftershaves. That hasn't stopped me from trying more of them, though.

:biggrin:
They're all johnny-come-latelys to me. All I ever used was Shulton Old Spice and, back when it was easily available, OS Lime. Still, I'm learning about new products and that makes things a bit more interesting.

Agree. The Speick and Proraso Green are both fantastic and a regular part of my rotation. I like to kick up the Proraso a couple of notches by adding a few menthol crystals.

The Speick Natural Eau de Cologne is a great way to top off the Speick aftershave. It's probably my most commonly used cologne.

For a nice icy hot burn, I also like Fine Snake Bite aftershave.

Better yet, go crazy and roll your own homemade aftershave. It's fun and easy.

They're all johnny-come-latelys to me. All I ever used was Shulton Old Spice and, back when it was easily available, OS Lime. Still, I'm learning about new products and that makes things a bit more interesting.
Where do you get your modern Old Spice that's close to the original? FYI I remember the lime too.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've read that there's a Made in India equivalent Old Spice .. Rubicon is the manufacturer I believe. But bear in mind my nose isn't the best & mine has been here awhile in a larger rotation. It smells like I remember the original

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I also ordered an extra stick of the soap. The after shave is interesting. Has alcohol and witch hazel among the rest of the ingredients and on the initial splash I wasn't sure I liked it (smells nothing like the soap, neither does the cream) but in moments I picked up whatever citrusy notes it has and liked it quite a bit. Very nice after shave. I normally don't use splashes other than vintage Old Spice, preferring to use aftershave balms but this, along with Proraso's green splash are two new items in my shaving cabinet that will get regular use.

Hello CCS!

I've never used Speick aftershave, but I have used Speick shave soap stick.

proxy.php

For me, this shave stick smells like a kitchen spice cabinet, which I love. Performance is about equal to that if Proraso. Slickness is most certainly there, but not as good as Arko or Tabac for slickness.

Your review how the aftershave doesn't smell like the soap, reminds me how Proraso aftershave balm smells nothing like Proraso Eucalyptus Green shave soap.

I enjoy the Speick stick scent, I wonder if their soap bowl puck is as good? Thanks for reviewing their aftershave. At least your branching off into modern products now.

I've been using the stick, converted to a puck, for about a dozen years. I use many modern products, FYI. Most of my software is modern. Regardless, I still prefer Shulton Old Spice for an aftershave splash.

Pasteur's has Speick AS for $17.99 plus no shipping or tax.

What color is the label? Is it dark blue on top, or red/orange kinda color? Seems they have rebranded/redesigned since I last bought a bottle, not sure if the two formulations are the same at this point and was just curious. Thanks!

What color is the label? Is it dark blue on top, or red/orange kinda color? Seems they have rebranded/redesigned since I last bought a bottle, not sure if the two formulations are the same at this point and was just curious. Thanks!
proxy.php

Exactly my thoughts. Proraso green and Speick are my favourites.

Top Bottom