What's new

TOOBS Sample Creams - How many shaves per sample?

Last Christmas my partner bought me one of those sample sets of Taylors of Old Bond Street shaving creams. I think there were about 14 different creams all up and have used about three quarters of them by now. I quite like more than a few of them, Jermyn St, St James, Sandalwood, and of course there are a few I don't like such as the Peppermint and grapefruit.

I have been getting 4, 5 and sometimes 6 shaves out of a sample and thought this was normal. But watching a couple of the Youtube shavers I notice they take a huge scoop out of the tub of whatever cream they are using that episode. It got me thinking, if I did that with the sample, I would only get two shaves from the tub, maybe even one!

I am not a miser by any stretch of the imagination, and I thought I had been getting pretty good lathers from the amounts I have been using - including the big tubs of other creams in my stash.

How many shaves do others get from these wee samples?

cheers
Andrew

Last Christmas my partner bought me one of those sample sets of Taylors of Old Bond Street shaving creams. I think there were about 14 different creams all up and have used about three quarters of them by now. I quite like more than a few of them, Jermyn St, St James, Sandalwood, and of course there are a few I don't like such as the Peppermint and grapefruit.

I have been getting 4, 5 and sometimes 6 shaves out of a sample and thought this was normal. But watching a couple of the Youtube shavers I notice they take a huge scoop out of the tub of whatever cream they are using that episode. It got me thinking, if I did that with the sample, I would only get two shaves from the tub, maybe even one!

I am not a miser by any stretch of the imagination, and I thought I had been getting pretty good lathers from the amounts I have been using - including the big tubs of other creams in my stash.

How many shaves do others get from these wee samples?

cheers
Andrew
between 4-7 depending on what I feel like. I don't need too much product.

Sir Mouette, congrats on a nice gift from your partner!!
My experience, about 4 shaves per sample!
I probably could have pushed it to 5 or 6.
Enjoyed them all!!

tobs samples dec 4 2013s.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
This is good to know. I have been eyeing off this sampler set for a little while. Now I have an idea on how many shaves I can get out of the whole sampler set.

Top Bottom