What's new

ToOBS Royal Forest

Does anyone have any feedback or a review of Taylors of Old Bond Street’s Royal Forest Shaving Cream?

Getting to be a few Aventus like soaps/creams. Maybe with enough knock-offs Creed will lower the price on the actual fragrance so I can justify trying it. Otherwise I will have to stick with RR Emperor soap and AS, CC Venture and AS. For EDT my Insurrection II Pure is really nice stuff also. I have yet to smell the real stuff but I have to say the few I have are nice scents.

I saw this at one of the vendors I just checked out and just about purchased it. I declined because of two reasons, I have way too many soaps and creams and the other it would be froze by the time I get it.

It's pretty good, but better. Slick and has a great scent, reminding me of Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani. Hopefully that serves as a good point of reference.

The performance is great. I can't compare the scent to the others mentioned above. So maybe it does smell similar. I like the scent but not my favorite from TOBS. To me the base smell is very close to cedarwood.

The performance is great. I can't compare the scent to the others mentioned above. So maybe it does smell similar. I like the scent but not my favorite from TOBS. To me the base smell is very close to cedarwood.
It reminds me of a scent from the late 80’s and early 90’s, but I can’t quite put my finger on it other than the 2002 Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio. But then again, so does Platinum and No. 50.

Royal Forest is on my short list as is TOBS No. 50. In the interim, Stirling Soaps makes a nice Aventus like line of its own called Executive Man. Available as a shaving soap, bar soap, aftershave and EDT. Very nice stuff.

I took a left turn on the way home and checked out the Creed Aventus scent. It is very different from Royal Forest. I liken Aventus to, I think, a halston cologne I had when I was in high School. RF has a sharper mandarin orange start. But someone stole the Aventus tester, so I didn't get to "try" it, only smell the cap and nozzle.
I'd like to trade into some of the Executive Man stuff. Tonight I'll shave with my CC Venture while the Aventus is still fresh in my mind. But in the end, RF is still pretty awesome!

Royal Forest is excellent! My new favorite TOBS cream!

It smells, to my nose, very similar to Creed Aventus. To REV579's point, I do get a mandarin orange scent up front (from the tub).

I did rub some of the cream on my hand and then it really reminded me Creed Aventus.

I really hope ToOBS makes an aftershave for this!

Last edited:
I just brought a tub home from my local store and tried it this afternoon. I like the scent but it's different than I expected with the name. I expected a woodsy sort of scent. I find it to be fruity/citrusy.

Performance was as good as any other TOBS cream, which is darn good. I'll keep it in the rotation and probably drop the TOBS Eton College.

TOBS Royal Forest is absolutely beautiful scented.

Like Creed Aventus yes.

However as the Aventus is very very pricey. .

I pair it up with FINE Platinum.

The TOBS Grapefruit had previously been my favourite citrus cream.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
Top Bottom