What's new

Too slippery ??!!

Fellas,

I gotta say, I love the CAR products, but things are soooo slick I can't hold on to my Futur razor. I try and was my hands between the products, but with the soft water, I can't get it off. I can barely hold on to the razor.

Does anyone else have this problem?

TIA,

Robert

Me too. I have the Merkur HD so it's no slip grip is helpful, but it's still pretty slick. I keep a wash rag next to the sink and wipe my shaving hand and the razor handle every so often and that helps a lot. Charles also mentioned that some people take fine thread and wrap the handle on slick handled razors. I'm not sure how you'd attach it. Maybe with some cyanoacrylate (aka super glue).

Yesterday, I posted a similar question on the brushes forum. I have a problem with a slippery brush that is constantly slipping away from me once I get a little soap on my hands.

So far, I only got funny answers like putting rubber gloves on while shaving, incidentally, may not be such a bad idea. I saw large packs of latex gloves sold in pharmacies.

finegelernt said:
Yesterday, I posted a similar question on the brushes forum. I have a problem with a slippery brush that is constantly slipping away from me once I get a little soap on my hands.

So far, I only got funny answers like putting rubber gloves on while shaving, incidentally, may not be such a bad idea. I saw large packs of latex gloves sold in pharmacies.

Try keeping a damp wash cloth by the sink, and wiping down your hands throughout the shave.

Randy

I keep a block of alum close by and every so often take my wet hands and rub the block on them. For you bowlers or baseball players out there, you can compare it to using a rosin bag. It seems to cut through the slipperiness and gives your hands a kind of "grip". It's also very useful when using your non-shaving hand to hold/stretch your skin. That's all I ever use.

~Tim :wink:

AceHarddrive said:
I keep a block of alum close by and every so often take my wet hands and rub the block on them. For you bowlers or baseball players out there, you can compare it to using a rosin bag. It seems to cut through the slipperiness and gives your hands a kind of "grip". It's also very useful when using your non-shaving hand to hold/stretch your skin. That's all I ever use.

~Tim :wink:

Rosin = Resin. I did not realize that bowlers used resin bags. Oh, BTW, if you are a professional bowler fan, I went to school with Norm Duke! He's parent's owned a bowling alley.

Randy

I thought about taking the Futur and having the handle media-blasted to put some texture on it. Or maybe there is some toolhandle rubberization dip I could use.

Wearing the gloves is taking all this to a new level. A little further than I want to go.

I guess I could just put on some goalkeeper's gloves. (World Cup reference)

Good to know I am not alone.

Top Bottom