What's new

Too sick to shave (woe is me)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Take it day to day and hopefully you start to feel a lot better. All the best!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Get well soon and best wishes!

I shave every day with a straight razor, but did have to revert to my old standby that I use for the back of my neck and from my working days, a Bic Metal, when I cut my right index finger bad enough for stitches. When your dominant hand index finger is wrapped up the size of a hot dog, no straight razors for you.

Thanks for a the well wishes. I'm doing better each day and overall had a pretty good day today. Just my energy levels aren't back yet. Kind of feels like when I had mono years back. Just no energy. At least I can still smell my aftershave. My brother in law completely lost his sense of smell for 5 months!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Thanks for a the well wishes. I'm doing better each day and overall had a pretty good day today. Just my energy levels aren't back yet. Kind of feels like when I had mono years back. Just no energy. At least I can still smell my aftershave. My brother in law completely lost his sense of smell for 5 months!

I am glad to hear that you are slowly getting better, this is great news! Please do everything you can to feel better, take whatever medicine you need to take, most certainly make sure your taking your vitamins. Drink plenty of water, drink some honey lemon tea as well, thats good for the throat.

Regarding your energy levels. If you'd like to really wake yourself up, spread some menthol products on your face, that will work wonders, you will have more energy then I am sure lol.

You have definitely been hit hard. I know the pain of regular sinus infections-used to get them twice a year. Now, like you, I pay attention to the early warning signs and take action.

Seeing as how you hit the sickness trifecta ( tooth, sinus, covid) I wouldn't even be thinking about shaving so just the fact you are making the attempt shows your intestinal fortitude.

I had covid earlier this year and my regular energy levels didn't come back for 18 days, so hang in there. It will return but it's a sloooooooooow process.

marty

Reactions: Kix
You have definitely been hit hard. I know the pain of regular sinus infections-used to get them twice a year. Now, like you, I pay attention to the early warning signs and take action.

Seeing as how you hit the sickness trifecta ( tooth, sinus, covid) I wouldn't even be thinking about shaving so just the fact you are making the attempt shows your intestinal fortitude.

I had covid earlier this year and my regular energy levels didn't come back for 18 days, so hang in there. It will return but it's a sloooooooooow process.

marty
Thanks. It took about 3 weeks to get my energy back. Now my routines are all a mess and I'm working on putting them back together. Never understood why it's so hard to get a routine down.

Reactions: Kix
It's been a rough few weeks. I had a tooth extraction that didn't go well, that lead to several days of no shaving. I got one good shave in finally and then ended up with dry socket. Few more days no shaving. Between pain and all the stuff I was taking to deal with it, I just felt too unsteady to wield a straight razor. Well, that settled down and then a sinus infection. Normal fall occurrence for me but what I was taking for my tooth caused the early warnings to go unnoticed so I wasn't preemptive with it and it hit me pretty hard. That lasted about half a week. No shaving through that for sure. Then two good days. Two good shaves. Then I wake up feeling just kind of off. I had a decent shave but didn't enjoy it like I normally do. The whole day felt blah. That night, sudden fever spike, 101.5. Next morning, positive covid test. That was hell for 5 days. Finally fever broke. I forced a shave just because I couldn't stand the severity of stubble. Not a good shave. Lots of nicks and cuts. Didn't try for BBS, that seemed an insane prospect. Single pass butchered my face enough. That was 2 days ago. This morning I made a sorry excuse for a lather, lazily applied it to my face. Took one 2" pass on my right cheek, then got into the shower. Maybe tomorrow I'll get another 2" pass done. Shave 2" a day. We can start a new thread for it.
What are the CHANCES? 😱😱😱

I too, just had a tooth extraction, which I visited my local hospital for, where I too, contracted a respiratory infection.

What are the odds? 😮😲😦

Anyway, I too have been deterred from shaving, as the infection has knocked out my sense of smell, so that I could be shaving with pure SULFUR and not smell anything, so why bother? 🙄😩

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Teeth extractions can be harsh. Hope you feel better soon. God Bless.

Top Bottom