What's new

Too rich for my wallet

Petrol has been the equivalent of US$6.03 per gallon here for a while. But being in CONUS, maybe for that price the seller is going to drive it to your door! :ohmy:
How much of that $6.03 is taxes?
Our taxes (state and fed) total about $0.50 (not including taxes paid by the refiners).
Raw price per litre is globally within $0.02-$0.05 except for Japan and the UK. The difference in pump prices is due to the taxes imposed by the individual governments.
We don't (yet) have "free" health care... and we don't pay for it either.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a pretty handle to try my first restore, but the folks on the 'Bay are just insane in their asking prices. There's a fairly beat up Lucite and black brush over there with an asking price of $425. And, no, I didn't forget the decimal point.

Where do y'all find your handles? I've been scouring the antique and thrift stores around here with no luck. No shaving gear at all. :nonod:

this is shocking to me!!!
try a different search... like,, "vintage shave brush" or just "shave brush" then when given the option for how you want them listed, click "lowest to highest".

How much of that $6.03 is taxes?
Our taxes (state and fed) total about $0.50 (not including taxes paid by the refiners).
Raw price per litre is globally within $0.02-$0.05 except for Japan and the UK. The difference in pump prices is due to the taxes imposed by the individual governments.
We don't (yet) have "free" health care... and we don't pay for it either.

I have no idea how much of the price of petrol is tax here, but don't get me wrong- I'm not complaining, even though it might very well be more than your $0.50 in tax. I was trying to point out that I don't think American fuel prices are very bad at all. In fact, I'd happily pay even more if that's what it costs for me to live in a compassionate society where I know my fellow countrymen are all able to access regular quality healthcare without risking crushing debt or bankruptcy and where I will never again have to watch as those I love and care for suffer and die simply because they lack wealth and wildly expensive insurance.

Still, regardless of petrol prices, $36 shipping for a small shaving brush is outrageous!

Comparatively, no, our prices aren't bad... but the issue is that the price has gone up by over 15% in the last 10 days.

That's what gets people screaming. We'll be at $4.00, then a year later at $2.50... it'll stay there for months, then jump to $3.20 within a very short time.

Comparatively, no, our prices aren't bad... but the issue is that the price has gone up by over 15% in the last 10 days.

That's what gets people screaming. We'll be at $4.00, then a year later at $2.50... it'll stay there for months, then jump to $3.20 within a very short time.

it has jumped 85% in the last 3 years.......

yesterday i sold my truck that got 16mpg and bought a mini cooper that gets 35mph... because the last 2 months i averaged 600$ a month in gasoline...

it has jumped 85% in the last 3 years.......

yesterday i sold my truck that got 16mpg and bought a mini cooper that gets 35mph... because the last 2 months i averaged 600$ a month in gasoline...
Similar here. Dumped the '95 Suburban and replaced it with an '08 Tacoma.
The primary reason was the Suburban was a ***... but it's nice to only use $200/mo in gas instead of $350.

Top Bottom