What's new

Too many favorites

I've pared it down to 17 of which 10 are only seeing occasional use. I want to do better, really. When my MDC arrives, the culling will begin anew. The storage tub in the basement is already bulging, it's going to require another. It all happened so easily.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I don't even try. Different soap every day, unless something really grabs me. And then I just bought that one seasonal Halloween soap I missed out on last couple years ....

AA

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
"Too many favorites" pretty much sums up my dilemma as well. There's a small number of soaps that I probably won't buy again, but the vast majority are in the very good to excellent category.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
I change my soaps almost as often as I change my socks. Variety is the spice of life. Sure, I've ended up with some stinkers, but the majority have been excellent. This morning I shaved with Summer Break Soaps Picture Day. Tomorrow...who knows?
+1 This is definitely the spice, perhaps the joy of life.

Two months ago I owned ZERO razors/soaps/AS. Then I purchased a vintage razor and MWF soap. Then I discovered B&B — and that’s when the wheels came off.

Initially I chased soaps/AS that I read about in the B&B forums through the various vendors. But that proved expensive and so I quickly turned to the great deals in the BST forum, where folks are jettisoning some really terrific stuff. In fact the only dud I have encountered (“dud” as in truly awful) is T&S Morocco that I bought early on from a vendor.

Put me squarely in the “there’s no such thing as too many soaps” camp. Though, sadly, there is definitely such a thing as insufficient shelf space. As I have now reached that point, I shall stop acquiring. But as soon as a slot opens up on that shelf . . . .

Patti

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have around 8 soaps. I am trying not to buy anymore and use up what I have but it is difficult. Especially when reading soap reviews on this forum. That is a forum I might have to steer clear of.:001_302:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Upon reflection … I also have too many favorite razors.

I have found "the one" about seven times. Most recently, Gillette Senator.

AA

Top Bottom