What's new

Too many blades/ one and done blades

I rarely use a blade more than twice. Maybe KAI, Med Preps and Polsilvers as I am cheap but then only 3-4 times max.

I have been playing “blade roulette” for years. I enjoy using different blades and my tub of blades below includes over 30 different brands. I just close my eyes and grab one. 👍

B1C86FFF-9F5D-4350-90D8-AA1427D41D16.jpeg

As a newcomer to DE shaving I purchased some sample packs of blades in order to find the "ones" and use it
I think I I've found my kind - Perma sharps. but I'm still experimenting with other blades in different razors..maybe I'll change my mind..

If you really want to go the roulette route, you should unwrap the blades and put them into a container. When drawing out the blades, you should also be blindfolded. This way, you'll make sure you don't accidentally bias the draw in any way and the blade will be truly random. 😉

Of course, you might end up cutting open your hand a bit with every draw, but that's how you bet on red. 😁

I love the blade roulette idea! I'm going to give that a try. I couldn't do "one and done" though. Most of my favorite blades don't really smooth out fully until the 2nd or 3rd shave.

I never pick the same blade twice in a row. I kind of do the "which one should I use next?" question when I rotate my razors.

Whatever works is just fine!

For me, some blades improve after a few uses so ‘one and done’ would miss some fine shaves.
:a21: :a21:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Get a handful of random blades toss them in the air, catch one with your lips and that is the one you should use for the day. The ones that fall to the ground you have to walk over in barefeet back and forward until your shave is finished. Did I say the the shave must be undertaken blindfolded. 🤪🤪🤪

The best shaves i get from a blade is usually at shave 3-4 once it has been broken in a bit and the only time I've used a blade only once was due to the blade being un-usable like with the Falcon or Tiger Chinese blades that are not fit for human use. Lately its been around 10 + shaves per blade before they start to tug a bit or just get changed for sanitary reasons.

Randomizing puts a lot of the fun back into shaving but there are times when it's necessary to shave purposefully, like for a business meeting or a family gathering. Also, some blades are almost literally a dime a dozen when you think about it in terms of #/uses. That is to say, you can get at least one shave from each edge. Hyperbole aside, while I can certainly get as many as 70 shaves out of a blade, I find no practical reason to when I have so many DE blades. Thus, I use 'em as long as I feel like and then toss 'em. Now any other type of blade, especially vintage and AC types, I try to be very frugal with. Enjoy your new thang. Sounds fun. I might just do what you guys are doing and make a big random grab stash to pull from.

Top Bottom