What's new

Tommy

I would like to know the general consensus on the Gillette Fusion manual &power.To me it is still the same as all Gillette razors ,heavy,unweildy,expensive especially the blades.I have been shaving for over 50 yrs and never found a Gillette razor I liked.The best razor I ever had was a Shick injector with the dial but I dropped it in the sink many yrs ago and snapped the head offand they had discontinued making them and it is hard to find injector blades in my area.

He ain't got no distractions,
Can't hear no whiskers fall,
From Taylors to Trumpers to Truefitt,
He shaves by a sense of smell.
Always gets razor burn,
Never uses balm,
That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure shaves like hell

Rik said:
And here I was thinking of Tommy Boy - That's gonna leave a mark!

Isn't he one the guys from the Castro District who designs shaving creams with that other guy from Brokeback Mt?

Kyle said:
According to my google image search, this guy is just one of 653,000 possible Tommys that we could be trying to locate. :lol:

Looks like a definite Fusion-user (couldn't figure out which side to use either):tongue:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Ahem. Aren't we being a might harsh on a first time poster? :quickdraw Atypical, wouldn't you say?

Welcome aboard, Garsoon.

Stick around- all will soon be clear.

:wink:
ouch said:
Ahem. Aren't we being a might harsh on a first time poster? :quickdraw Atypical, wouldn't you say?

Welcome aboard, Garsoon.

Stick around- all will soon be clear.

Once again, the voice of reason Ouch!!

Welcome to the madness Garsoon! :wink:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
AACJ said:
:wink:

Once again, the voice of reason Ouch!!

Welcome to the madness Garsoon! :wink:

Moi? The voice of reason???

Lemmegettacupojoe and I'll return to my surly self.:tongue:

Oh, and to answer Garsoon's question-
I think the general consensus would be that the Fusion is the Antichrist's razor, and that you haven't had a decent shave since you dropped your injector (but that's about to change).
Want to get sick? Just check out what the adjustable dial injectors are going for on ebay- you'll wish you saved the broken pieces.

Garsoon,

Welcome to B&B. I hope no offense was taken to our responses. We are a fun loving group and can sometimes get a little carried away.

To answer your question: I have not used the fusion and never will.

I hope we haven't scared him away...we still don't know for sure which Tommy he is referring to...unless he is Tommy!

Randy

Garsoon said:
I would like to know the general consensus on the Gillette Fusion manual &power.To me it is still the same as all Gillette razors ,heavy,unweildy,expensive especially the blades.I have been shaving for over 50 yrs and never found a Gillette razor I liked.The best razor I ever had was a Shick injector with the dial but I dropped it in the sink many yrs ago and snapped the head offand they had discontinued making them and it is hard to find injector blades in my area.
Greetings Garsoon,
Welcome to Badger and Blade! I too hope that we didn't scare you away. You will find that wet-shavers as a whole are a unique breed. Had I been more attentive and noticed that this was your first post I would have used more discretion. What you experienced is a classic thread hijacking where a bunch of yokels (us) go off on a tangent.

That being said, I have not personally used the fusion razor. I used to use a m3 with unsatisfactory results when I would travel. I use a Schick Injector, various merkur razors, and straight razors all with baby smooth results. An additional benefit of using a DE is the low blade cost - my current blades are $.20 each. Again welcome to B&B.

Mea culpa, Garsoon :redface:

Welcome to the board fellow wet-shaver, you're shaving experiences are about to improve exponentially!

The best memories of wet shaving were cold winter mornings in Korea in 1952 you just about tore your beard off and about half way through you hoped some sniper would shoot you.

Top Bottom