What's new

Tom Ford VS Creed?

Which fragrance house do you prefer - Tom Ford or Creed?

• Tom Ford

• Creed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Due to their potency and longevity - I actually think they're a decent value. While it might be 2X more than a flask of Creed from Fragrancenet, I'd wager that the bottle of TF lasts almost 2X longer.
The TF last a full 24 hours on me while Creed lucky if I get 9 hours out of it

Longevity would be an issue except that Creed can be found for half the price per ml as Tom Fords.

I can buy a 120ml of Silver Mountain Water and spray it lavishly, and it would still be much cheaper than a 50ml of Neroli Portofino.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I was lucky enough to receive a generous decant of Creed Royal Mayfair a few months back. No other cologne in all my years of wearing cologne has gotten so much attention, yet folks have no idea who/what Creed is.

"what are you wearing" I get asked. When I say "Creed" no one has ever known the brand. "huh? never heard of it" is the response.

I've never tried Tom Ford so I can't make a call on this. But I'm really digging Creed

Longevity would be an issue except that Creed can be found for half the price per ml as Tom Fords.

I can buy a 120ml of Silver Mountain Water and spray it lavishly, and it would still be much cheaper than a 50ml of Neroli Portofino.

Over here in the UK. Tom Ford Oud Wood is £330.00. Where Creed Royal Oud is £325.00 that's both 250ml so they are both are expencive to buy. That's why I went with Tom Ford so state side that would be Tom Ford $437.98 for 250ml and creed $431.34 for 250ml

Last edited:
Good point. To be fair, Royal Oud is one of Creed's better performers and it's not below average at all.

I'm not a size queen when it comes to longevity. Generally, I want at least 5-6 hours. Some of Tom Ford's last 20 hours, but that's redundant. Do I really need to smell like Tuscan Leather at 3am in the morning?

Good point. To be fair, Royal Oud is one of Creed's better performers and it's not below average at all.

I'm not a size queen when it comes to longevity. Generally, I want at least 5-6 hours. Some of Tom Ford's last 20 hours, but that's redundant. Do I really need to smell like Tuscan Leather at 3am in the morning?

hahaha but if your on a date with a nice female then yes. But over here its cheaper to buy 250ml a bottle of Tom Ford. For example
250ml = £330.00 where 50ml = £145.00 can you see where this is going. It works out cheaper in the long run to buy the 250ml. But at a price so at that price I want it long lasting.

And Creed is worse £325.00 for 250ml and 75ml = £209.50
But if I just wanted it to last 4 hours I would buy a cheaper brand

Last edited:
I should have weighed in earlier. Creed, easily. But for the most part for the discontinued and more rare Creed scents.

I agree with Joel's head to head comparison.

Longevity is EXTREMELY important to me for three reasons (listed in order of importance to me):

1 - if a fragrance lasts all day (and night) it means I can better modulate its strength. If it has the strength to last 24 hours, one small spray means i'll have a close/personal 2 foot or so bubble which I find best suitable for everyday use. Two sprays means i'll expand that bubble to 3-5 feet, which can be a nice "ramp up" for certain social situations. Three or more sprays is only deployed in situations a few times a year, when I really want to create an aggressive and oppressive offense, which is typically deployed when i'm traveling internationally in a few specific regions - and it's more of a self defense mechanism. On the contrary, if the scent only lasts 6 hours, I might have to apply 3-4 sprays initially and have it be TOO strong for the first hour or two, have only 2-3 hours of it being in its sweet spot, then it starts to retreat and become a mere skin scent, before completely surrendering. I don't like having to plan around that curve, especially with a premium fragrance.

2 - it's frustrating to pay hundreds of dollars for a bottle of something that can't even last a full day. Let's say you spray on your fragrance in the AM before you leave for work. If you have a date after work in the evening, do you really want to have to bring your bottle of expensive fragrance with you so you can apply more later in the day?

3 - if a fragrance is strong enough to last all day, it means I can use a lot less of it which makes it more economical and easier to justify a hefty price tag. IE: one spray of Roja Dove Amber Oud will easily last at least 24 hours on my skin beautifully, and never be overpowering/offensive or trail off too much and become weak and diluted. While it is 2X the cost of say Creed Royal Oud, i'd need to use three sprays, three different times throughout the day to get 24 hours of similar projection/strength as the one spray of Roja. While the Roja is 2X more expensive (which at face value is positively insane) when you figure you need to use more than 9X the Creed product to get similar results (Creed atomizers are firehoses, compared to Roja - so it's more than 9X the product), the Roja actually ends up being a much better value. Roja Dove pricing is positively ridiculous, but when you factor in how amazing it smells, with how little product you need (and how long it lasts) it's actually reasonable... but its definitely an eye watering initial investment.

To each their own... but in my opinion - longevity is the second most important attribute, only behind your feeling toward the actual smell of the fragrance.

Last edited:
2 - it's frustrating to pay hundreds of dollars for a bottle of something that can't even last a full day. Let's say you spray on your fragrance in the AM before you leave for work. If you have a date after work in the evening, do you really want to have to bring your bottle of expensive fragrance with you so you can apply more later in the day?

+1 I just got into collecting frags (as opposed to using them up) and have recently noticed that my beginning Vetiver purchases are a complete waste of money compared to the Tom Ford Grey Vetiver I purchased last week. This juice has the best longevity out of all the frags I have and it is a "clean" Vetiver perfect for Suit and Tie. It is the only Tom Ford fragrance I own so I can't really vote on the Creed vs. Tom Ford though.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Tom Ford easily. I like a few Creed scents but Tom Ford pushes the envelope. Have you smelled London? It's a bit mature for me but a great example of TF blending things others just aren't. Their normal line is very good and heir Private Blends are a great line of Niche fragrances. I particularly enjoy Italian Cypress. Outstanding stuff.

What private blend would everyone here suggest to start out with. I have read a tremendous amount on basenotes and fragrantica but still cannot make up my mind on which to buy first. I am open to all scents and do not dislike any particular class of scent. This will have to wait for Christmas FYI as the private blend is a bit more expensive than regular TF :001_huh:

I'm a TF fan. The Tuscan Leather smells really nice and garners quite a few comments when I wear it.
I find Creed more hype these days than anything else.
Mind you, Aventus is fantastic.
I wear Himalaya as a daily wear just to get rid of it more than anything else.

What private blend would everyone here suggest to start out with. I have read a tremendous amount on basenotes and fragrantica but still cannot make up my mind on which to buy first. I am open to all scents and do not dislike any particular class of scent. This will have to wait for Christmas FYI as the private blend is a bit more expensive than regular TF :001_huh:

I have not tried the entire line, but based on the ones I have tried, my favorites are Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, and Oud Wood. If you live near a retailer that carries them, you may be able to sweet talk them into giving you samples. That is what I did, because I couldn't stomach forking over $220 on something I did not LOVE.

I have not tried the entire line, but based on the ones I have tried, my favorites are Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, and Oud Wood. If you live near a retailer that carries them, you may be able to sweet talk them into giving you samples. That is what I did, because I couldn't stomach forking over $220 on something I did not LOVE.

Those are the two that are on my list as well, thanks for posting. I have a really hard time getting samples since I am in OKC and there are only a handful of places that carry TF.

Those are the two that are on my list as well, thanks for posting. I have a really hard time getting samples since I am in OKC and there are only a handful of places that carry TF.

Another thing you might look into is just purchasing samples from one of the online sample places (decantshop, parfumsraffy, the perfumed court, lucky scent, etc.). The samples are usually only a few bucks a pop, and the selection is pretty good. I have done this a few times, and consider it money well spent. I have discovered some other fragrances that I otherwise would not have, and I have not been too impressed with others that I was tempted to blind buy.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

I like Tobacco Vanille. It's a little linear, but quite nice. My wife, however, thinks it's too close to Eau des Baux - and she prefers that.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Tuscan Leather is beautiful. I have a sample I'm slowly whittling away but I intend to get a full bottle when funding allows.

I have a LOT of fragrances. Not like some guys I've seen with closets full, but more than the average guy. I gravitate towards the Vintage stuff. It actually will last all day, and I tend to like the stuff that is stronger. Anyway, as far as Tuscan Leather goes, if you like that try 18.21 Sweet Tobacco. It's about a third the price, and it's truly amazing, plus it actually has staying power. You wont wonder halfway through the day why you dropped 300$ to smell good for 3 or 4 hours...mileage may vary.
Sweet Tobacco is just great, plus it's all that company makes. They make hair spray, pomade, clay, paste & Shampoo all scented with their fragrance. They are also working on a shave soap. You can buy it on Amazon. I bought a few bottles once I smelled it. I was afraid it would disappear, and I wanted to make sure I had mine.
proxy.php

I prefer Tom Ford mainly because of longevity. Some Creeds have decent longevity- Bois de Portugal & Royal English leather but most of the others don't compare to Tom Ford for longevity.

Top Bottom