What's new

Tom Ford VS Creed?

Which fragrance house do you prefer - Tom Ford or Creed?

• Tom Ford

• Creed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which house do you prefer and why?

tom-ford-oud-2-e1458880703863.jpg

VS

IMG_0072-2.jpg

As for me, make mine Tom Ford. While Creed has artfully blended scents, I find Tom Ford, especially his Private Blend, to be more innovative and edgy. Take for example Tom Ford Oud Wood vs Creed Royal Oud. Oud Wood is bolder, cleaner, smells more authentic and lasts longer than the sour, cedar smelling Royal Oud. In fact, in most head-to-heads (for me) the Tom Ford bests a similar Creed creation. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EDP > Creed Original Vetiver. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino > Creed Neroli Sauvage. Tom Ford Tobacco Oud > Creed Tabarome. The list goes on and on. Smell any of the aforementioned side by side, one after the other, and I think you'll agree. To my nose however, there are still two real unique standouts in the creed line - Aventus and Silver Mountain Water - but all in all, if I had to pick just one house, I'd have to choose Tom Ford.

A difficult choice.
To my nose, TF GV is better than OV.
However, I hate Tuscan Leather, found Tobacco Vanille too simplistic, Neroli Portofino too fleeting, Venetian Bergamot beautiful but too feminine.
And there are no replacements for GIT and Virgin Island Water.

Must get more sample......:001_smile

Love frags from both houses, why choose? Both houses also have some stinkers, IMO. Like my children, I love them equally, even if I spend more time with TF Grey Vetiver ;-)

To my nose however, there are still two real unique standouts in the creed line - Aventus and Silver Mountain Water - but all in all, if I had to pick just one house, I'd have to choose Tom Ford.

So, basically, exactly this. I've cycled through a few Creed, and the only two now in my wardrobe are Aventus and Silver Mountain Water. I think my TF collection will grow, albeit very slowly since I find them incredibly expensive even on the secondary market.

While both have some excellent fragrances, and some I find overpriced and overrated, I give the edge to Creed. This is because I've found four Creed fragrances that I find to be among the top 5-10% of the scents of tried: Windsor/Royal Mayfair (my personal favorite), Aventus, Feuille Verte and Cuir de Russie (which, unfortunately, is no longer available). However, Tom Ford's Oud Wood is on my short list of fragrances I'd most like to try.

So, basically, exactly this. I've cycled through a few Creed, and the only two now in my wardrobe are Aventus and Silver Mountain Water. I think my TF collection will grow, albeit very slowly since I find them incredibly expensive even on the secondary market.

Due to their potency and longevity - I actually think they're a decent value. While it might be 2X more than a flask of Creed from Fragrancenet, I'd wager that the bottle of TF lasts almost 2X longer.

Neither. Tom Ford was purchased and ruined in my book. Creed is overhyped. So many BETTER houses out there. Profumum Roma is one that is ridiculously well done. They use a higher % of parfum oil so their scents last. Marley is excellent. Tauer makes some awesome stuff. There are really so great houses, I just refuse to buy from Houses that were sold to Corp and ruined. Just happens to Frederik Malle too. Musc Ravageur is a pale form of what it used to be. Creed just has the popularity IMHO. House of Kerosene makes some great stuff here in US. Sonoma Scent Factory, Dior, Chanel, I can go on and on.

Neither. Tom Ford was purchased and ruined in my book. Creed is overhyped. So many BETTER houses out there. Profumum Roma is one that is ridiculously well done. They use a higher % of parfum oil so their scents last. Marley is excellent. Tauer makes some awesome stuff. There are really so great houses, I just refuse to buy from Houses that were sold to Corp and ruined. Just happens to Frederik Malle too. Musc Ravageur is a pale form of what it used to be. Creed just has the popularity IMHO. House of Kerosene makes some great stuff here in US. Sonoma Scent Factory, Dior, Chanel, I can go on and on.

Hear what your saying, BUT Malle's Musc Ravageur in its current formulation is still one of my favorite fragrances to wear

Creed. Great scents, great history. Having said that I'd opt for a Floris bespoke given the choice.

Creed works well for me and I currently have 6 of their frags in my rotation. I've tried several from the TF line in duty free shops or from testers in B&M stores but have never felt the need to buy a bottle.

Top Bottom