What's new

Toggle PIF

I have plenty of Toggles at my undisclosed location. I have 2 Standard F-4s, 2 Chrome F-4s and even 2 Serial Number Toggles. My interest in this PIF is solely for the challenge, to try to breath life back into this frozen beauty. So whether I am successful or not I will PIF this razor to someone here on B&B.

I would surely break it. With that said, if Copierguy wins and is successful, I'll take it off his hands...

By the way, what an amazing PIF, Mark.

One last reminder - if you are interested there is about 15 minutes to go! (You can check out the local time in Canberra here)

Family commitments may intervene for a period but I will be back later to do the draw and we can go from there.

Let me at it! Ive been lusting after one of these for quite some time now:drool:...Ive gotten a few other razors unstuck before, so maybe I can crack this one?

Time has come...

I have the following people in the draw:

1. Lather King
  2. stickjr25
  3. Rattbones
  4. Bk124tt
  5. penmanship
  6. Copierguy
  7. Maxime D.
  8. pz93c
  9. KindestCutofAll
  10. random-hero
  11. Rodeodave
  12. Vivasanti
  13. Champion of Capua
  14. gnoils
  15. shamful7
  16. missingskin
  17. AceByTerror
  18. KcHighLife
  19. boogieman_
  20. BennyVega
  21. amishmotorboat
  22. Bravoure
  23. closecut61
  24. pz93c
  25. JFielder23
  26. rxonmymind
  27. vtguy22
  28. intotheforge
  29. greenhornet7897
  30. brother cavefish
  31. Sergio Campos
  32. Nova316
  33. regularfella
  34. _MementoMori_
  35. joglander
  36. Krona Kruiser
  37. tubaguy
  38. brucered
  39. Kostas1
  40. DutchmanRiver
  41. ngai
  42. TheHammer

Just a reminder of the rules and the aim:

1. You pay postage from Australia to you. I will confirm the amount at the conclusion of the PIF with the winner. If they want to back out that will be fine - we will draw again.
  2. You will use your best efforts to try and fix the adjustment and create a thread for the process with pics. I don't care whether you soak, ultrasonic for weeks or disassemble but you must take before, during and after photos and post in a thread here so we can all watch and learn. Videos would be nice but not required.
  3. If you try don't want to continue to try and fix the Toggle you will create another PIF for another member to have a go knowing what you have done. So, say, you want to try your uber wonderful penetrating oil and it doesn't work and you are not willing to disassemble then PIF it on! The aim is to get this baby fixed or die trying!
  4. If you get it working it is obviously your to keep or do whatever you want with

The winner is ...

Well I have to confirm that they will accept the conditions and pay the postage. I have sent them a PM. If you didn't get one you are not the winner - sorry.

If they decline I'll be in touch with a second chance. If they accept I'll post details here and we can all watch the progress.

Thanks to ALL for your willingness to try and rescue this beauty.

Sigh. No PM.

A big congrats to our winner! - good luck with the cleaning - I'm looking forward to seeing the process you choose and watching her come back to life!

Thanks for the chance to play! Awesome PIF!

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited:
Dang, my PM must be broke..HA! Anyway, this was a great gesture Mark so hopefully it can be saved. Good luck on the restore whoever the winner is.

it wasn't me....

thanks for the chance Mark and I hope the winner is successful in restoring it and getting it to work.

The winner is - Maxime D.

Congrats mate - let's hope we can get this baby all fixed.

BTW - the gold plating hasn't been affected by sitting in penetrating oil for about six weeks - see the initial pics. So we are already learning from this little lady.

I actually never shaved with an adjustable, using a Toggle as first would be ballin :001_cool:

Thanks to Mark who give me the opportinity to fix it. I'll try everything at my disposal and If I fail this holy quest, I'll PIF the daisy to someone else.

PS: Now I can't complain anymore about never winning a PIF lol and what a PIF !

Congrats to Maxime, an all around great member on here that I have had dealings with! Please post lots of pics of the restoration of this great razor back to working condition! It's so good to think this piece of Gillette and DE shaving will again be back to working order.
Keep us updated!

Congrats Maxime! This being your first adjustable, I'm sure you'll love it. I've fallen in love with my rhodium fatboy, and the SWMBO uses a slim (soon to be rhodium as well). Both excellent razors

Top Bottom