What's new

Toggle PIF

Good luck whoever wins this magnificent razor. This is a very delicate piece and I would never forgive myself if I did irreparable damage to it. I love the spirit and motivation though.

If its still Open let me at it! I've fixed a number of razors, and almost everything I can get my hands on.
Not much has escaped my stubbornness, it has to be the engineering side of me haha.

Thanks for a chance at this challange!

I have a big enough shave den that I generally stay away from PIFs anymore, but Dear God, let me at it. I promise I will do all in my power to make it work again.

Holy crap...

Do NOT count me in. That said, Mark is one of the best guys around here, and whoever benefits from this PIF needs to make sure to fulfil his requirements. /make sure to thank him profusely...

Mark--I'm well aware of the dangers of a high balance credit card, internet access, and holes that can only be filled by stuff' seemingly. ;) You are not alone.

I'm not in, because I know there are a lot more capable people on here than I am. The problem is, the prying and twisting with pliers probably did some damage that something as simple as lubricating is not going to fix. Anybody wanting this to work on it better have some skill in repairing razor mechanisms and probably some metalworking skill.

So please, don't be in just because it's a toggle, that's not what this PIF is for and it's going to take a lot of skill and luck to fix.

Good luck all!
I couldn't have put it better. That's why I dropped my name from contention. It needs to go to someone with the skill to get it working again. That's the whole spirit of this PIF. I hope no one is in just because they want a free Toggle.
Let's get this beauty in the right hands that will reawaken it to working order.

I couldn't have put it better. That's why I dropped my name from contention. It needs to go to someone with the skill to get it working again. That's the whole spirit of this PIF. I hope no one is in just because they want a free Toggle.

Let's get this beauty in the right hands that will reawaken it to working order.

Well played sir

$Orson_Welles_Clapping.gif

Let me at it! I know this thought makes people cringe, but heat with penetrating oil. It has worked on some of the nastiest slide tubes on instruments I have ever seen. And this includes stuff an ultrasonic won't touch!

Last edited:
A nice PIF! Thanks for offering it.
I lack mechanical skills of every type. This certainly isn't for me.

Oddly enough I use my Toggle on 3 as it is.....

I have plenty of Toggles at my undisclosed location. I have 2 Standard F-4s, 2 Chrome F-4s and even 2 Serial Number Toggles. My interest in this PIF is solely for the challenge, to try to breath life back into this frozen beauty. So whether I am successful or not I will PIF this razor to someone here on B&B.

It seems that interest has died down and we have flushed out all the likely repairers.

Lets say that this will close at 6pm local time in Canberra. You can check out the local time in Canberra here.

I'll do the draw thereafter and contact the winner.

I'll have a crack at it.

"My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it. "

thanks for the chance.

Bruce

Last edited:
Let me at it!

I'll start with the basics: ultrasonic and penetrating oils. I've worked on miniature mechanisms before, so I've got the tools and skills (and camera equipment) to open this baby up and document the process.

Thanks!

Let me at it! I'll try the requisite warm soak in penetrating oil. If that fails, I wouldn't be afraid to take it apart. I've repaired some watches in the past, so I would love to take a crack at this.

Top Bottom