What's new

Toffee

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My wife brought some toffe home today. I can't remember when I last ate it. Wonderful.

20200317_170926.jpg
20200317_170937.jpg

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Looks good! I love toffee but have been abstaining.

I did bring some cheesecake home today. You know, just in case I die from the corona tomorrow.

I think toffee is probaby my absolute most favorite candy there is. I find it irresistable. I guess that's why I love Skor and Heath bars. Of the two, Skor is my preference. But nothing beats homemade or artisan toffee. The crunchy kind. Yum. Too bad I'm trying to keep my sugar intake down. But it is what it is. Ultimately I indulge infrequently.

Almond Roca when I can't get the bulk blocks
I tie memories of my Father's enjoyment of Roca, it became our go-to for a Christmas treat to him.
thank god I don't spend time obsessing over it... it would be so easy to make my own kryptonite

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You, sir, are evil. :)

on edit: I am now down 3 notches on the belt. Sweet tea was likely responsible for at least one.

I too enjoy good toffee. I usually make it now as it is really simple. An accurate thermometer and attention span are mandatory though. Caramel however I have yet to master. That one is tricky, for me at least.

We are near a Russell Stover “outlet” store. Their toffee squares covered in milk chocolate are so much better than Heath or Skor candy bars. Thankfully, I do not drive that direction very often.

We are near a Russell Stover “outlet” store. Their toffee squares covered in milk chocolate are so much better than Heath or Skor candy bars. Thankfully, I do not drive that direction very often.

No doubt. The best toffee I've ever had was found in the chocolate store located along the banks of the Savannah River. River Street Sweets. Their toffee was insane.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
My wife makes a weird fake toffee thing for the holidays that involves saltines, brown sugar?, butter, and chocolate chips.

Relatively cheap, and oh so easily sinful!

She also makes caramel for Christmas.

Have I mentioned I married up?
Any chance of the recipe for the weird fake toffee thing?

Top Bottom