What's new

Today's Haul 12.08.18

Today's Haul Arrived! Washed and ready for a test run this next week...

From left to right:
Gillette 1970 (P4) Slim Twist, with Case, Spoiler Blades (10) and Dispensing Cartridge
Gillette 1956 (B4) Red Tip
Gillette 1940's SS
Gillette 1940's SS
GEM Flying Wing / G Bar

Image-1.jpg
Image-2.jpg
Image-3.jpg
Image-4.jpg

Nice! Ive been thinking about getting a red tip the past couple weeks. Havent pulled the trigger though.

How was the condition you got those in? Take much to clean them up?

Nice! Ive been thinking about getting a red tip the past couple weeks. Havent pulled the trigger though.

How was the condition you got those in? Take much to clean them up?

They were all in good shape with just a bit of soap scum. I only used dish soap and then whitening toothpaste. This time though, I used an Arm and Hammer spinning toothbrush and made the job so much easier and faster.

This is my first Red Tip too.

They were all in good shape with just a bit of soap scum. I only used dish soap and then whitening toothpaste. This time though, I used an Arm and Hammer spinning toothbrush and made the job so much easier and faster.

Baking soda works well, too.

Nothing quite like the old ones!

Congrats on this superb haul. Hope they all give you a great shave when you use them for the first time!

I have never come across one of those slim twists. I take it that was Gillette’s answer to the Schick Krona? Or was it vice versa? Nice haul.

I have never come across one of those slim twists. I take it that was Gillette’s answer to the Schick Krona? Or was it vice versa? Nice haul.

It is actually a Knack (American name) that I mislabeled... The cousin to the British Slim Twist I presume.

Congrats on this superb haul. Hope they all give you a great shave when you use them for the first time!

I gave the GEM G-Bar a try this morning. It has been a while since I finished the shave, looked in the mirror and literally said, "Wow, that was great!!" Fewer passes needed than my DE razors and no irritation! BBS all over, even on my lower neck!

Top Bottom