What's new

Today's Flea Market Score

OK, when do you know that you have enough brushes to restore and that it is time to actually get around to doing that? I have a fondness for EverReady brushes and, while snooping through other people's junk at the local flea market today found a nice pair of cream and black EverReady 100-T's. Got brain dead and didn't make a "before" picture but with a cursory polish, they look pretty good. Obviously going to need new knots but that is a topic for another day. Gonna' keep one of them and offer the other either here or on the 'bay.

Pics to follow soon.

As an aside ... does anyone know a good way to get the base off of an Erskine brush? Still looking for that solution.

Interested in seeing how you do a brush restore.

I have an EverReady 100 that is blue and cream colored and I am loosing bristles on every shave.

What knot to use and where to buy?

Thanks

Interested in seeing how you do a brush restore.

I have an EverReady 100 that is blue and cream colored and I am loosing bristles on every shave.

What knot to use and where to buy?

Thanks

Canuk, check out The Golden Nib in Arizona. They sell badger knots in various sizes and grades. They also sell handles of various sizes and prices. I built my own brush from their 22mm Ivory #2 handle and a 22mm Best/Finest Badger fan-shaped knot. All I did was mix a little 5-minute epoxy and set the knot. Next morning, I had a wonderful, new, favorite brush. Their address is: www.thegoldennib.com.:001_smile

Top Bottom