What's new

Todays Cold Water Shave = FAIL

I've been enjoying cold showers for this past month (usually go as hot as I can stand and come out looking like a lobster!) and reading how a few of you had either been cold shaving for years or recently had begun I thought I'd try it as well. I took a nice shower, and began my shave as usual. Let the puck of VDH sit for a while as well as my Pure Badger (thinking the little extra stiffness would help?) and the Fat Handle I left on setting nine like I have been using for the past couple months. Once I had a good lather I let it sit for a little longer than usual on my face, removed it, and relathered for the shave. After the very first pass from my ear towards my chin I knew something didn't feel right, and checked the razor for tightness, and then turned it down to setting five to continue the shave. After my face was done I relathered and could already feel irritation. After the second pass on the face I didn't dare a third pass. I rinsed off and held the bottle of bayrum for a good minute fearing what was about to come! It burned like crazy and I made about every face you can imagine. My face was red for a while after I got to work, and ached for most of the night. I took today off from any shaves for a rest and to touch base with you all. Did I go too agressive even with the razor on number five? I can say I didn't enjoy it at all, and it just felt off for the entire shave. Is there something else I can do before I write this off as a lesson learned?

Dang, sorry to hear you had such a rough shave. I cold water shave every day, and I've never experienced anything like this. Could it have been a bum blade?

Top Bottom