What's new

Today, my Gillette 7 O'clock Sterling Razor and Platinum blade arrived from India

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The simple 3-piece razor (in a blister pack) arrived in today's mail. I'll set it aside and review it later

How are the Gillette 7 O'clock platinum blades for smoothness?
The 7 O'clock blades are excellent in my opinion. Yours may be different, but I think they do a superb job and are smooth and sharp plenty.
As a reference, I don't really care for Feather blades. Sharp but rough.

I wouldn’t worry about the Black Ninja but show us some pics from the Sterling. They say that the Super Blue has better built quality but I never had them side by side.

C6D89AFF-7A1A-4408-AB67-F7A3EDCBE1D6.jpeg

This head (7 OC Sterling) is my favorite Tech head. I use it with an Ikon Bulldog handle. When I first got it, over 10 years ago, I didn't think much of it. It stayed in the blister for several months before I noticed it. Then I decided to open this cheap blister pack and give it a try. The thin stamped steel parts were immediately noticeable, no markings anywhere as well. No comparison to the Techs I've owned. I didn't expect much, just mounted the head on the Icon handle and proceeded shaving.
I was pleasantly surprised. This is more aggressive than my other Techs, but not to the point that is unpleasant. It gives me nice, close two pass shaves with no irritation.

Where are you all getting the Blacks from? Been looking for a good price. I've tried most of the recommended blades and I like the Blacks, then the Greens.

Reactions: Kix
There is an online Indian website shavingkit.in

You can write to him before purchasing. Quite a friendly guy to work with.

Edit : No affiliation with the vendor, however I guided him to setup his shop for international payment options and shipping, as I saw him pretty excited to stock and ship wet shaving products to foreign countries.

Last edited:
Where are you all getting the Blacks from? Been looking for a good price. I've tried most of the recommended blades and I like the Blacks, then the Greens.

Always from Ebay, I ordered this week 100 blades shipped for about $ 16.48 from an Indian seller.

Quite expensive for double edge blades but it's cost of luxury.

It usually takes 45 to 60 days to receive them here in Brazil.

I've had mine from earlier this year
Not a full order, but a few tucks added to round out shipping.

RBC has them, but I hadn't realized prices had elevated since...

Edit : No affiliation with the vendor, however I guided him to setup his shop for international payment options and shipping, as I saw him pretty excited to stock and ship wet shaving products to foreign countries.

Always from Ebay, I ordered this week 100 blades shipped for about $ 16.48 from an Indian seller.

Quite expensive for double edge blades but it's cost of luxury.

It usually takes 45 to 60 days to receive them here in Brazil.

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to go with the more familiar ebay. I use Ebay US which usually shows me US-based sellers. I sorted by price and found Indian sellers, ordered from one, partly out of curiosity. TY!

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to go with the more familiar ebay. I use Ebay US which usually shows me US-based sellers. I sorted by price and found Indian sellers, ordered from one, partly out of curiosity. TY!
Ok now sit back and relax.

Several of them are too slow to shipping. But at some time all them send the package. I never had to ask for refund due to unsent items.

Good luck !

Ok now sit back and relax.

Several of them are too slow to shipping. But at some time all them send the package. I never had to ask for refund due to unsent items.

Good luck !

I was actually shocked, it took a week to arrive in NY from India! That's faster than some domestic shipping.

I wanted to thank you for this, but didn't because you hadn't been around and I assumed the worst. I signed up on his website and everything, need to delete all that now that I think about it, and attempted to purchase, but they aren't set up for shipping outside of India. It has something to do with the address fields that the site is expecting to be entered a certain way that we don't do in western countries. I attempted to contact them to no avail. Finally, I found a merchant on ebay with pictures very similar and in the same location in India. They had only recently started selling on ebay, but I went ahead and ordered and got a blade sampler pack. Unfortunately, I had planned to buy a lot of blades and not necessarily a sampler and most of those aren't up on the ebay store. It's a good website and I would order from there, if I could.

Top Bottom