What's new

Today i was generous.

Hello to all. Today I made a rather generous PIF to my neighbor. This particular neighbor has always made small chat back and fourth as we come and go. Rescently he has started shaving his head, and has been having some problems with dry scalp, razor bumps etc i invited him over to smoke and chat. He told me how he has been using canned goo, his Harry's cartridge razors and how he has recently discovered Nivea balm/cream for aftershave. Well, needless to say I've been feeling inspired by all the opportunity and generosity spoken about here on B&B. I continued to ask if he would use a shave bowl, he said yes as his eyes lit up. I asked if he had a brush and he said no. I knew this was the moment for me to rake in some karma and pass along some gear to someone who would use and appreciate. I proceeded to give him a CC ceramic bowl that the @Captain Pre-Capsize had generous givin me. A unused (maybe used once) CC synthetic shave brush, half a tub of CC Bay Rum soap and Noreaster as well. I felt good about giving the brush as this will be his first and only brush so it will be used and not just added to a collection. He also got a bag of stirling, Shannon and some oddball samples. I included a bottle of AV Musk and a half bottle of NO Orbit. Hes never used an alcohol based AS. Now for the razor, I kinda have mixed feelings about this but I gave him a Gillette Ranger I had acquired at a flee market for 10$ I never use this razor and it just sat in a drawer. He was talking about getting the new King C Gillette DE so I did what any member here would do and gave him a quality piece of history. I know he's clueless to the value but it still makes me happy knowing the razor will be used and appreciated. I included a tuck of Feather blades as well as a tuck of 7 O'clock to start him along. Needless to say he went home with a smile on his face and a very nice bag of goodies imo. Happy shaves to all and thank you for taking the time to read.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I did similar with me neighbour in Cebu a few years ago. He was a head and face shaver using a cart and canned goo.

First I gave him a stick of ARKO and one of my surplus Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger hair synthetic brushes with instructions on how to face/ head lather. He (and his wife) loved it! Must have been the ARKO.

A couple of months later, I bought and gave him a Ming Shi 2000S adjustable DE razor and a tuck of Gillette Rubie blades. I took him through the process of how to load the blade and some basic instructions on how to shave with a "safety" razor. Again, he took to it like a duck to water and his wife loved him even more.

Unfortunately my neighbour lost his wife to CoVid last year.

I did similar with me neighbour in Cebu a few years ago. He was a head and face shaver using a cart and canned goo.

First I gave him a stick of ARKO and one of my surplus Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger hair synthetic brushes with instructions on how to face/ head lather. He (and his wife) loved it! Must have been the ARKO.

A couple of months later, I bought and gave him a Ming Shi 2000S adjustable DE razor and a tuck of Gillette Rubie blades. I took him through the process of how to load the blade and some basic instructions on how to shave with a "safety" razor. Again, he took to it like a duck to water and his wife loved him even more.

Unfortunately my neighbour lost his wife to CoVid last year.
I love that you gave him a stick of ARKO. Started the man off right you did. Lol

That's wonderful to read! I have been talking to my male friends as well, feeling them out on shaving habits (not in a weird way hopefully) to see if there's an opportunity for me to improve them. I haven't found any so far but I have some gear in mind to PIF when I do.

I recently helped a long term friend of mine switch jobs, one of the changes was that his new job required daily shaving. A big change for a man who had been keeping a well trimmed beard for several years. I gave him a wsc winning razor and a good set of blades to try out, let him use a synthetic brush and also gave a nearly unused tub of Declaration Grooming after the rain with matching splash.

Unfortunately, I think I created a monster in the process. One who is already heavily afflicted with Brush acquisition disorder.

It's fun spreading our hobby isn't it!

I recently helped a long term friend of mine switch jobs, one of the changes was that his new job required daily shaving. A big change for a man who had been keeping a well trimmed beard for several years. I gave him a wsc winning razor and a good set of blades to try out, let him use a synthetic brush and also gave a nearly unused tub of Declaration Grooming after the rain with matching splash.

Unfortunately, I think I created a monster in the process. One who is already heavily afflicted with Brush acquisition disorder.

It's fun spreading our hobby isn't it!
It certainly is and i can't wait to hear what he ends up purchasing next or what direction he takes it! When he started growing a beard I had gave him a Butter and a few reccomindations on brands and he definitely started to accumulate various oil etc. I fear I just opened a can of worms and a big one at that for the fellow.

That was a very good thing you did for him. I’m sure he’s probably enjoying the gifts by now. That makes me reflect on the kind generosity that fellow B&B members have for each other. Months ago another member graciously gifted me a Muhle R41 razor after I’d expressed my desire to own one. I just wanted to experience how aggressive of a razor it is! I’d mentioned in a post about my tight financial situation and the fact that I get by on disability. It was a VERY kind act of his and I always have something to remember his graciousness whenever I use it. Way to go B&B!!😀😀😀

Top Bottom