What's new

Tobs?

Been using Proraso since I started wet shaving about two years ago. Im a creature of habit.. don't like to stray from what works. Been looking at trying something different so I bought a tub of TOBS Jermyn. Looking for some feed back on it. Possibly will try some tonight.

I like Jermyn St, but its not my favorite TOBS.

But its a good, mild cream which will give you a nice shave. I just prefer the scent of others, namely Mr Taylor, and Eaton College.

I like Jermyn St, but its not my favorite TOBS.

But its a good, mild cream which will give you a nice shave. I just prefer the scent of others, namely Mr Taylor, and Eaton College.

+1, The TOBS creams are terrific. The Jermyn St scent is a bit cologne-y for me, but I use it anyway. :001_rolle

My faves are Shaving Shop, Eton College, St. James, Almond, Mr. Taylor. All perform at a very high level.

You really can't go wrong on the performance side of things with TOBS (especially if you face lather). But the sent of Jermyn Street is okay in my books...not bad...but I like other scents better. If you like that style of scent, you should check out St. James, Mr. Taylor...two of my favorite. I also really like Sandalwood, Grapefruit, Lemon-Lime, Lavender, Coconut, Almond...okay, so I like more than I don't. Hope you really enjoy it...because many of us do.

You really can't go wrong on the performance side of things with TOBS (especially if you face lather). But the sent of Jermyn Street is okay in my books...not bad...but I like other scents better. If you like that style of scent, you should check out St. James, Mr. Taylor...two of my favorite. I also really like Sandalwood, Grapefruit, Lemon-Lime, Lavender, Coconut, Almond...okay, so I like more than I don't. Hope you really enjoy it...because many of us do.
+1 on the St. James and Grapefruit. I haven't tried the others but I haven't used a TOBS cream that failed to perform. The Avocado is a fantastic performer. Scent is a bit like cold-cream to me but it sure woks well on the face.

I've tried Jermyn St, Mr. Taylor, Shaving Shop, Eton College, St. James, Sandalwood, and Jermyn St. so far of the TOBS. I've got to say that I like those all.

I was lucky enough to get a 13 scent sampler from Maggard, and I instantly handed over some of the scents to my wife - I can't do the peppermint AT ALL. I'm sure some people love it, but peppermint in general makes me nauseous, whether it's the candy or a Yankee Candle, or air freshener - this stuff is right up there for me. Some of the others weren't bad, but the wife smelled them and grabbed them before I could say I wanted to try them, like the Lemon-Lime and Lavender.

I told the wife that when my CO Bigelow/Proraso runs out, I'm going to get a full bowl of the TOBS Sandalwood, or maybe Eton College; both of those are nice and slick, and smell awesome, at least to me.

I too started with Proraso and went to TOBS next. Jermyn street has a distinct cologne smell, but that's why I like it in the rotation. It's a great smell and it's different. Very fluffy lather, maybe not quite as slick as some other TOBS creams, but great stuff.
I used several TOBS creams and CF creams, and have a hard time using up what's left of the Proraso. After I tried other stuff, I didn't think Proraso messured up.

I will be upfront and honest and say that I am not the biggest TOBS fan. In the whole scheme of things, they are 3 stars out of 5. Definitely much better than pressurized canned goo but clearly not at the top. With that said, there are slight performance differences among the scents --- IMO, their Avocado cream is their top performer and that is one that I would purchase. Scent-wise, I enjoy Eton College and Mr. Taylor.

I just received 3 TOBS - Jermyn Street, Avocado, and Coconut. They are all spectacular.

If I have to give an edge to performance - it's Avocado. Jermyn Street is a great scent, good for my sensitive skin and not too powerful once it's over.

Every time I pick one TOBS cream to use, I look at the others and think : Awww maybe I should use THAT one...

Top Bottom