What's new

TOBS users: Does this look normal?

I’m requesting some opinions for those who use TOBS cream. Just got this Erin College tub and it looks a little light. Plus it had a spot where it looks like a price rage was taken off (top left of left pic)?

Does this look like a normal tub to you all?

Attachments

• 97DBAE37-4E79-407F-9AAF-A9B5333B673F.jpeg
    97DBAE37-4E79-407F-9AAF-A9B5333B673F.jpeg
    939.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 4B8AA0F2-CDF2-49CE-AC99-874E894BAF16.jpeg
    4B8AA0F2-CDF2-49CE-AC99-874E894BAF16.jpeg
    799.8 KB · Views: 79
Where did you get it from? If Amazon, you're not alone. Lots of the reviews have pictures just like this.

I rarely use TOBS but I remember reading they did a re-formulation a good while back. My buckets of old stuff are much harder than what this looks like. Mix in a hot warehouse and a hot mail truck and this could be the result. I've read that putting it in the fridge will help it.

TOBS creams do settle a bit in shipping, some more than others. I've had a couple of tubs that looked like that, contents-wise.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am wondering if they were shipped to you via air freight? I have purchased some shaving creams from America and when I received them in Australia they looked very much like your cream does. I put it down to being in a pressurised cargo hold. I think that the pressurised cargo hold has some effect on the contents. I have no scientific evidence of this, just my opinion.

Hey thanks for all the replies guys. Got this at a reputable seller, not Amazon - and not from overseas.

I dunno. It just looks … used. Like product seems missing. And it looks funky. And what’s with that sticker spot?

Hey thanks for all the replies guys. Got this at a reputable seller, not Amazon - and not from overseas.

I dunno. It just looks … used. Like product seems missing. And it looks funky. And what’s with that sticker spot?
No way that's normal!
I use TOBS (Cedarwood) every day and order like 4 tubs at a time. I'm in the US but get it cheaper from a place that ships it to me from the UK. And they all arrive perfect and fresh. Even the ones that I open months later look perfect. I'm sure Eton College is no different than Cedarwood in terms of how it must look.
I'd return it without even thinking about it!
This is how a new one is supposed to look:

PXL_20220918_041014778~2.jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
I wouldn't worry about it. TOBS consistency is not always the same. My Sandalwood is similar to LRod, Jermyn Street bought last year looks just like yours.

My Eton college is edging on 15 years, so it's more soap than cream, but smells great. Enjoy yours!

Where is your plastic cover?
These are mine creams, they all came with covers
On first 3 there are covers
Last 2, I threw them away, as I plan on using them more frequently
IMG_20220918_091013.jpg

IMG_20220918_091117.jpg

Thanks all. I’m gonna request a return/ refund. We’ll see what happens. (I just get so upset at these things sometimes.)

I seem to have this issue only with TOBS, though I've had tubs of GFT come similarly. Both are still among my favorites, however.

Top Bottom