What's new

TOBS Told me Not To Buy Soap

I like and use both, but I definitely prefer soaps to creams, and I would use only soap if I was forced to give up one or the other. To each his own. Fortunately, we are big boys now, so we get to have both!!

:smartass:

I have the TOBS Sandalwood and I am not too keen now that I have compared it to Mama Bear and Palmolive. I think I continue to use it out of nostalgia/allegiance, as it was the first shaving soap I bought!! :redface:

I would not recommend to others as there are better soaps for less money out there.

An Englishman, in the fens no less, prefers Mama Bear to Taylors of Old Bond Street. Fan-frikkin'-tastic!

Way to go, Mama Bear, you international success, you!

I know Suffolk. Spent two years stationed at RAF Mildenhall, and lived in Littleport. Fen folk don't impress easily. This is high praise.

Last edited:
Sounds like the store clerk was looking out for your best interest.

Robert Paulsen has some great advise! id also add that there are some fabulous "Palm oil" based soaps to try, such as Gold Dachs and Pre de Provence.

Perhaps they fear a new wetshaver will find soaps to hard to lather and not be pleased with the product.

The thing I don't understand about this reasoning is that soaps...aren't that hard to lather! I'm no expert yet but I haven't had problems with the ones I've tried.

If the salesperson'd asked you what kind of brush you have, his advice might've made sense.

P.S.
How long does Cella last?

Last edited:
Cheers for that. Was thinking about it as an alt to MWF. Having said that, for the longest time I've just been miiling handsoap into my ramakin and using a tiny amount Real Shaving Co cream on top of that. Works though.

Top Bottom