What's new

TOBS soup?

I was trying TOBS and T&H out and ordered several croaps and a few of their balms. 3 of the croaps came like you describe a bit soupy (the TOBS Jermyn Street, The T&H Grafton, and the T&H Sandalwood) so it's not unique to TOBS. They work fine though so I didn't sweat it - they still performed just as well. For comparison I had TOBS Lavender, Rose, and Grapefruit arrive just fine, and T&H Rose which arrived a bit stiff even, kind of like a Proraso consistency.

I was a little irritated that the ASB, Jermyn Street, arrived somewhat separated (almost like curdled with small bits of solid in a watery base). I shook it and it works okay, but still pours out with a separated consistency (kind of like how yogurt curdles when you add it to a curry). I contacted TOBS and they told me they were reformulating but it works just fine so I kept it. The other tubes of Jermyn Street ASB I ordered were fine though. I kept one and traded the other recently. FYI, No problem with their gel aftershaves though (Mr. Taylor's & Sandalwood).

I had the same thing happen as did to some other posters here. I caught TOBS creams on sale and ordered Avocado and Mr. Taylors. It arrived on a hot day on a big brown truck. I happened to be home, retrieved the box from my porch, and the outer cardboard was even warm to the touch. The Mr. Taylors was a little runny in appearance but the Avocado looked like potato soup. It's now been in the fridge for a few days and it is somewhat thicker but I would still call it soupy. Someone advised that I give it an occasional stir which I did. Plus I was also advised to not order creams during the summer months and that's now the plan. I wish I had known that before experiencing this little "bump in the road". Lastly, the Mr Taylors firmed up fine after a couple of days at room temperature.

Humidity has nothing to do with this issue. The containers are sealed upon completion so the contents can't be affected by the outside humidity of Summer. The containers have inner lids for a reason and that is that shaving cream of this nature is affected by heat and packages will end up in hot compartments while being shipped and there is no way that a small package containing shaving cream can be kept upright during this trip. Upon opening a shaving cream that has traveled on its side or tilted the purchaser can scrape the contents back into the container from the inner lid. Also, if the contents are somewhat soft by nature then a few "bangs" of the bottom against a hard surface can knock it back into place. I do this every time I pipe a shaving cream into a container to move the contents into place so I know all about it! A buyer has to expect this sort of thing to happen in the summertime with a product of this nature...

yep, I have had that too. My first TOBS was the natural, it it came almost looking like it was going to leak out the sides. then i got a grapefruit and it was fine. i figured it was something about the natural that made it softer, but i don't think that is the case.

might just be poor quality control on their end.

but great suggestion - I will pop in the fridge if it comes to me like that

I buy two avocado creams, one came soup like and the other one very firm, so I mix the two and get a very nice consistency cream.

Pretty much any cream in a tub will go runny in hot weather/conditions, my tobs creams did this recently as did my truefitt and hill and bodyshop creams, give them a stir,put them in the fridge,they will be fine

I've been keeping my tubs of TOBS in the fridge all summer long right next to my wife's yogurt. Since my bathroom is not air conditioned it would start to get runny even though the summer has not been too hot here.

I just received my tub of TOBS soup today. I put it the fridge for twenty minutes and gave it a test lather.

This stuff is truly awesome! I'm very happy with the product!

Last edited:
I just got a tub of Mr. Taylor in yesterday. It's pretty soft, at least it was yesterday. It was 90+ and sticky here so I wasn't too surprised it was soft. I will have to see if it firmed up overnight.

I just got a tub of Mr. Taylor in yesterday. It's pretty soft, at least it was yesterday. It was 90+ and sticky here so I wasn't too surprised it was soft. I will have to see if it firmed up overnight.

Update:

It's still soft. I think it might be its natural state. It smelled so good, I had to have a shave!

i always notice TOBS has multiple personalities when it comes to how hard, soft and consistency. perfectly normal...depends on heat, humidity, and different scents have different qualities from the essential oils...

Can someone describe Avocado's natural state? I had a tub come soupy, and while it has firmed up quite a bit in the fridge, it still moves slightly/slowly when the tub is tilted. Just wondering if this one is a bit "thinner" than the others...

Again guys, don't order creams & soaps in the summer unless you can walk in the store & pick up. It get hot in those delivery trucks taking 3 or four day to deliver. Stock up on what you need this coming fall . ordering online in the summer is a no win situation for the buyer. You can't blame that company or vendor.

If it's any help, my Mr. Taylor's is one of the firmer ones in its natural state.

Hey when I ordered that TOBS a while back mine wasn't soup because I live right down the street from the post office. First person on the carriers route. :)

I got my first tub of tobs from amazon yesterday. It was soupy and spilled in the box some. Outside was all greasy from the product. Was not happy. I don't know who would sell locally

Top Bottom