What's new

TOBS Sandalwood AS

Just got a puck of TOBS sandalwood hard soap and love the scent. All you TOBS users out there, does the sandalwood aftershave smell like the hard shave soap or is it different?

I haven't tried the hard soap, only the shaving cream.
To me, the aftershave is spot on with the shaving cream.
I would assume it is the same with the hard soap.
It is such a lovely scent, right?

I have TOBS sandalwood soap, cream, cologne, aftershave and post shave. I agree with mio_cuggino that the AS and cream are very similar in scent. YMMV but I love them. The cologne is nearly identical to the AS but longer lasting. All have a very strong scent as does the post shave . I like that.

The soap has a pleasant but feinter scent. Either the cologne or AS goes well with the soap but be ready for it to overpower any aroma the soap leaves you with. Hope that helps.

I have TOBS sandalwood soap, cream, cologne, aftershave and post shave. I agree with mio_cuggino that the AS and cream are very similar in scent. YMMV but I love them. The cologne is nearly identical to the AS but longer lasting. All have a very strong scent as does the post shave . I like that.

The soap has a pleasant but feinter scent. Either the cologne or AS goes well with the soap but be ready for it to overpower any aroma the soap leaves you with. Hope that helps.
Thank you. Sounds like the cream and AS smell similar. Does this mean the hard soap and aftershave smell different?

I haven't tried the hard soap, only the shaving cream.
To me, the aftershave is spot on with the shaving cream.
I would assume it is the same with the hard soap.
It is such a lovely scent, right?
Yes, really like the scent. Different to the other sandalwoods I've tried.

Thank you. Sounds like the cream and AS smell similar. Does this mean the hard soap and aftershave smell different?
The AS is very similar to the cream and Cologne both in scent and strength. The soap has a similar scent to all 3 but not as strong.

The AS is very similar to the cream and Cologne both in scent and strength. The soap has a similar scent to all 3 but not as strong.
I see. So the soap smells similar just not as strong. That helps. Thanks.

i have the aftershave gel.
smells just like the soap and cologne.
good stuff!

taylor of old bond street sandalwood erskine colonial june 10 2022.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I just bought my 2nd tub of TOBS cream and really enjoy the scent of herbal sandal wood and the lather quality is excellent + ticks all my boxes for greatness. Another similar Sandalwood scent is Cyril R Salter sandal wood. The British are leaders in Herbal Sandalwoods cream and hard puck soaps IMO.

I just bought my 2nd tub of TOBS cream and really enjoy the scent of herbal sandal wood and the lather quality is excellent + ticks all my boxes for greatness. Another similar Sandalwood scent is Cyril R Salter sandal wood. The British are leaders in Herbal Sandalwoods cream and hard puck soaps IMO.
The Salter Sandalwood is like TOBS on steroids with a few extra scent notes. Anyone that likes the TOBS Sandalwood would absolutely love the Salter Sandalwood. Wish they made it in an AS or an EdT.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The Salter Sandalwood is like TOBS on steroids with a few extra scent notes. Anyone that likes the TOBS Sandalwood would absolutely love the Salter Sandalwood. Wish they made it in an AS or an EdT.
Same here, Fendrihan had been out of Cyril R Salter sandalwood cream for a little while now and they had a sale on so I bought the TOBS instead( great Sandal wood also). I will have to go to Connaught shaving UK down the road for my Cyril R Salter if Fendrihan does not stock.
It must be hard to make a good aftershave in the Sandalwood to match the cream I'm thinking because it would be on the shelfs already. The postal service will not let alcohol aftershaves travel by air is my understanding, not sure why or their reasoning!?

Same here, Fendrihan had been out of Cyril R Salter sandalwood cream for a little while now and they had a sale on so I bought the TOBS instead( great Sandal wood also).........
Just last Sunday I ordered the Salter Sandalwood Cream and it's on its way as we speak!!!!

I think it matches the soap/cream pretty close in scent. It is a tad different. As is the cologne, but they are all closely orbiting the soap/cream smell.

Top Bottom