What's new

TOBS Jermyn Street vs St James

How do the two lines compare in scent? I've tried St James nearly a decade ago, and just ordered a puck of the Jermyn Street shaving soap and to me it smells very similar to what I remember St James smelling like,. yet these are two different lines. Trying to decide on purchasing the full line of one or the other but wanted to get an idea for how the two compare when it comes to the aftershave, cologne and deodorant?

How do the two lines compare in scent? I've tried St James nearly a decade ago, and just ordered a puck of the Jermyn Street shaving soap and to me it smells very similar to what I remember St James smelling like,. yet these are two different lines. Trying to decide on purchasing the full line of one or the other but wanted to get an idea for how the two compare when it comes to the aftershave, cologne and deodorant?

I can't speak to St James, but I just got a decant of Jermyn Street. I also got a decant of Eton College. What I can say is that Jermyn Street smells EXACTLY like Nikos Sculpture pour Homme. And I mean exactly. I don't mean that like a compliment either. It is hard for me to believe they did not clone Sculpture, which is an ultra-cheap fragrance. Eton College is only marginally better but also suffers from smelling of cheap ingredients. I will never again try one of their fragrances even in decant. If you think you are going to get a sophisticated British fragrance, you'll be in for a surprise when a cheap designer fragrance is what you'll get.

In all honesty...there are so many better choices than TOBS and if you MUST have Jermyn Street, get Nikos Sculpture instead. Lasts longer and costs a fraction.

really, really similar.
tobs jermyn st splash is tagged 'for sensitive skin' and is alcohol-free.

further, personally, i've never been disappointed with the quality, performance or value of any TOBS cream or splash.

james vs jermyn.jpg

tobs various.jpg

Top Bottom