What's new

TOBS creams about to be discontinued

I'm excited to see what they come out with next, too! Tobacco Leaf is very nice (if TOBS were one of those informal-in-style artisan makers, perhaps they would have called it TOBSbacco Leaf ;) ). Still haven't tried Lime Zest.

However, I heard Royal Forest is a clone of Aventus (not sure if this is truly accurate). If accurate, I'm not sure how pineapple, vanilla, and musk smell like an English forest, but if that's the case, I am just a little disappointed to see a venerable company like TOBS cloning something like Creed instead of creating a new and original great scent like their others.

I've seen the opinion repeated many times that it is, accidentally or otherwise, an Aventus clone but I've never tried it myself yet so can neither confirm nor deny.

However, I heard Royal Forest is a clone of Aventus (not sure if this is truly accurate). If accurate, I'm not sure how pineapple, vanilla, and musk smell like an English forest, but if that's the case, I am just a little disappointed to see a venerable company like TOBS cloning something like Creed instead of creating a new and original great scent like their others.
I've seen the opinion repeated many times that it is, accidentally or otherwise, an Aventus clone but I've never tried it myself yet so can neither confirm nor deny.

TOBS Royal Forest is inspired by Creed Aventus, not an exact clone. It has elements / some scent notes of Aventus with a more dominant woody presence. It’s quite enjoyable as it’s not the same thing every other guy you pass in the mall smells like. I’ve used or smelled a half dozen of the Aventus clones (Spartacus, Sellout, Trinity, Executive Man, Doppelgänger Grey, Fine Platinum and SV Opuntia) and Royal Forest is different from the others as some of them are different (slightly or more) from each other, but can still pick up some of the elements of Aventus in Royal Forest but with the more dominant Woods. FWIW I’ve never smelled the actual Aventus fragrance so can’t say how close any of them are to the original.

9B53C5A3-4E81-4E83-B970-71D9163CDD83.jpeg

I too hope that this means they are bringing Shaving Shop back, it had a classic scent. Sad to see Avacado go, guess I need to order a tub or two.

I am saddened by this, TOBS Avocado was one of the first I used and continue to buy. I understand the criticism of it not really smelling like avocado or having Avocado in the ingredients but I still find it to work well with a nice light scent.

Top Bottom