What's new

TOBS creams about to be discontinued

When I read the alarming title ‘TOBS creams about to be discontinued’ I thought Taylor of Old Bond Street were getting out of the shaving cream business altogether.

How was I to know that what it really should have said was ‘Some TOBS creams about to be discontinued’.

Another clickbait attack…

Aw... bummer. I thought they were discontinuing their whole line of shaving creams so people could buy some quality creams instead of wasting their money on mediocrity.

Mediocrity? Their creams are awesome and iconic!
Are you also one of the guys in the US that pay 10$ for Proraso thinking it's good? There is nothing awesome about TOBS... maybe the scents. But apart from that they are mediocre at every aspect. Slickness, residual, protection and post shave.

Are you also one of the guys in the US that pay 10$ for Proraso thinking it's good? There is nothing awesome about TOBS... maybe the scents. But apart from that they are mediocre at every aspect. Slickness, residual, protection and post shave.

No, I've never had any interest in using Proraso or any of the artisanal offerings, I only use the British soaps and creams, and TOBS performs at or near the top in most factors when you get the soap/cream to water ratio just right. There's good reason why they've been around so long.

Ah you are British that makes sense. At least use MWF which is indeed a top performer :)

I'm actually a Texan/American and I love MWF! I superlather my TOBS creams with MWF, using MWF as the soap base. I first load my brush with MWF, then load up the brush in the TOBS tub and then either proceed to face lather or build up the lather in my scuttle. MWF super-lathered with TOBS gives an incredibly dense and slick, cushiony lather. It's my favorite soap to use because it can be used with any cream and have just the scent of the cream.

Last edited:
I'm actually a Texan/American and I love MWF! I superlather my TOBS creams with MWF, using MWF as the soap base. I first load my brush with MWF, then load up the brush in the TOBS tub and then either proceed to face lather or build up the lather in my scuttle. MWF super-lathered with TOBS gives an incredibly dense and slick, cushiony lather. It's my favorite soap to use because it can be used with any cream and have just the scent of the cream.
Hey, that's cheating! Try lathering just the TOBS, you will find out how much superior MWF is.

Top Bottom