What's new

TOBS Container croap, how many shaves?

I brush load from the tub as I do with Proraso, Arko, Razorock, all of "soft soaps" or "pucks". I'm shocked at how soft this stuff is, I only need a little swirl and I'm good to go.

I'm not too sure if I'll buy more but there's a good chance I'll have a tub of this in my rotation.
Have you read any of the replies? This is a cream NOT A SOAP, NOT A HARD SOAP, NOT A SOFT SOAP. It's a cream. I don't know how else to explain this. I give up.

...I ask because I’ve only used the soap about 20 times or so and I feel like I’m burning through the stuff at a furious rate. Maybe I’m just over thinking it, but a container of proraso gets me hundreds and hundreds of shaves.
I think people were just trying to help with the original concern of using too much product.

If you want to use less, maybe you could try something else instead of brush loading on the tub. With the TOBS being so soft, there is a tendency to overload the brush that way and use way more than needed.

You could take a tiny bit out, and just apply it to the face, and lather on the face that way. Or put a bit on your palm and lather it up, then finish building the lather on the face. Or put a bit into the brush and work it in to the knot, etc. Or some combo of these techniques.

Good for you........it's ok that I call it a soft soap and you call it a cream, tick for tack, it's a soft soap.

You can certainly call a cream a soap if you like. It's ok that the manufacturer calls it cream. You can still call it a soap. That is certainly your prerogative. But by posting here the presumption is that you may be looking for some advice. And when seeking advice it's always helpful if the people you are seeking advice from know what you are talking about. As you can see from the the comments in this thread, your reference to creams as soaps led to some confusion as to what you were talking about. And that doesn't really help you get advice that is meaningful. Of course, getting advice may not matter to you. In which case you should continue to call creams soaps. Tick for tack as you say. Good for you. You're your own man. And for the record, it's not a soap. It's a cream. But we get your point. Have a great day.

Top Bottom