What's new

TOBS Avocado - wow!

I'm a big fan of Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) products, in particular their Sandalwood shave cream. I knew I was going to like the Avocado as I did a review of their samples a while back (So I got a TOBS sampler...). I used the Avocado this morning and was reminded that the quality of the shave is even better than the sandalwood! The cream felt "creamier" and the post shave left my face feeling softer and less dry.

Don't get me wrong, I still love TOBs sandalwood, but performance wise the Avocado gets the edge. Not sure what is different in the Avocado as they both seem to have the same base ingredients, perhaps it is the avocado oil (which a video from TOBS said it contains
) that makes the difference.

The scent is hard to describe, but "clean cucumber" comes to mind. Its pleasant but not as complex as sandalwood. According to the TOBs website, here are the fragrance notes: "A green floral fragrance with watery green and fruity top notes. The heart reveals notes of lily and cucumber, leading to a base of soft woods and musk." I did NOT detect avocado in the scent btw.

Here are the fragrance notes from TOBs on the sandalwood scent: " A classic fougere fragrance with top notes of geranium, lavender, rosemary and liquid amber supported by a heart of carnation, fern and orange blossom resting on a sumptuous base of patchouli, sandalwood, vetivert, powdery musk and rock rose." To me, the sandalwood is a more "formal" and complex scent while the avocado is more "everyday" - if that makes any sense.

Do yourself a favor and try TOBs avocado out if you haven't.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Avocado was my first cream and still a favorite. The scent is very controversial, mostly love/hate, not many neutrals, but yes, the avocado oil is what you like, very good for skin. Next to coconut oil, one of the best ingredients for great after shave feel. Glad you discovered this!

I too have the TOBS Avocado and I love it. Creamy lather aids a smooth slick shave. It's a shame they don't apparently do a cologne or ASB to compliment it as don't have anything to match it with

The Avocado is my favorite of the tobs line of creams . Lather is awesome . Always a gret shave .. i love the scent as well..

Avocado is my favorite TOBS , it is the only TOBS I still keep in the lineup. I love the clean scent, a fresh cucumber scent to my nose.

I too have the TOBS Avocado and I love it. Creamy lather aids a smooth slick shave. It's a shame they don't apparently do a cologne or ASB to compliment it as don't have anything to match it with
How about Thayers Alcohol-Free Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Toner? I use it after every shave. Smells like cucumber and is very refreshing. Granted, the scent doesn't hang around very long, but it still works well with my skin. Just a friendly suggestion.

I was able to smell this one during a trip to Old Town Shaving a couple of years ago. While it wasn't quite good enough to make it out of the store with me at the time, it went to the top of the list of options when I run out of my current tub of Jermyn Street.

How about Thayers Alcohol-Free Cucumber Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Formula Toner? I use it after every shave. Smells like cucumber and is very refreshing. Granted, the scent doesn't hang around very long, but it still works well with my skin. Just a friendly suggestion.
I also recommend Nancy Boy Replenishing Aftershave Gel, which is another cucumber-scented product. The scent on this one vanishes quickly as well.

+1 I love the scent and post shave feeling. Very natural cucumber smell.

Freshly mown grass & cucumber is what I get from Avocado.
As far as TOBS creams go, this seems to give me the best post-shave feel & the comforting scent seems to suit the Winter.

I love the avocado. Funny thing, several years ago when I first bought Taylor Avocado, I took it on a family vacation. Several trips after that, I took it as well. It became associated in my mind with family vacations. Now, whenever I use it, it always reminds me of family trips.

I love the scent and the way it lathers.

- Greenhouse.

yes! but do not dip your tortilla chips into it!!

tobs avocado dos equis-5273-Edits.jpg

Top Bottom