What's new

TOBS Almond

My 14 yr old son just started shaving and wanted an almond scent so I bought him a tub of TOBS. Of course I had to have one as well so I ordered 2. I used it yesterday and have to say I was blown away by how slick it is. I have lots of TOBS creams. Sandalwood, Eton College, Lemon & Lime, Shaving Shop and one or two others I can't remember. Of all of them the Almond is crazy slick. My Old Type just glided over my face like butter and left my face feeling super soft and moisturized. This may very well become my favorite cream.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Almond is so slick, it's almost hard to wash off. Look for "clearing stage lather," a superslickness when finishing, as an aid to ATG perfection.

AA

Their avocado is amazing as well, if you can stand the scent...

If the scent is bad, I'm not buying the cream. There are too many really good smelling creams that have fantastic performance out there and available for me to buy a cream that may make a nice lather but smells like you know what. The only question is "why?"

I agree, and that's why it wasn't replaced. If I liked the smell, it would be my #1 cream. The post shave feel is like no other, leaving my skin moisturized for hours after shaving. None of that makes up for a scent you don't like though.

If the scent is bad, I'm not buying the cream. There are too many really good smelling creams that have fantastic performance out there and available for me to buy a cream that may make a nice lather but smells like you know what. The only question is "why?"

Some years back, before I was a member here, I used to browse this place regularly and TOBS Avocado was all the rage. I weakened and bought a tub as I love to eat avocados. To me, the scent was vile and I ended up tossing it out as it didn't matter how good it was if I couldn't stand the scent. I recently have been reading about TOBS Grapefruit here and ordered a tub based on the hype. At least, now that I'm a member, if I hate it I can pass it on to someone else.

I love the almond but it seems to irritate my skin a little. That's weird because I don't have sensitive skin and no other creams or soaps really bother me and I've never seen anyone complain about this one.

I love the almond but it seems to irritate my skin a little. That's weird because I don't have sensitive skin and no other creams or soaps really bother me and I've never seen anyone complain about this one.

Are you saying all almond soaps and creams irritate your skin or just TOBS?

Just TOBS as far as I know. I've used Cella and SCS almond with no bad affects that I know of.
It could have even been coincidence, just two shaves straight I got a little irritated and broke out a little. Nothing too terrible, just enough to notice. I use TOBS grapefruit with no bad effect and have used lots of other TOBS in the past. Only the almond seems to give me problems.

I just tried a sample of T&H Almond I received with an order of a tube of T&H Rose. The lather performance of the T&H Almond was great, but I found the scent to be somewhat light. Has anyone used both T&H and TOBS Almond, and if so how would you compare them in terms of performance and scent? I have a tub of SC Almond Flower (original formulation) but it's scent is more floral than Almond.
Mikey

I just tried a sample of T&H Almond I received with an order of a tube of T&H Rose. The lather performance of the T&H Almond was great, but I found the scent to be somewhat light. Has anyone used both T&H and TOBS Almond, and if so how would you compare them in terms of performance and scent? I have a tub of SC Almond Flower (original formulation) but it's scent is more floral than Almond.
Mikey
I didn't even know Truefitt and Hill made almond cream.

I have the T&H Almond and I would hardly call the scent light but it doesn't linger which is too bad.

I say light in comparison to Apsley or Trafagar. Maybe that's what was intended. Similar to the T&H Rose. Great scent of Rose but not nearly as strong as QED Wild Rose (soap).
QED is gone and T&H Rose is soon to follow.&

I say light in comparison to Apsley or Trafagar. Maybe that's what was intended. Similar to the T&H Rose. Great scent of Rose but not nearly as strong as QED Wild Rose (soap).
QED is gone and T&H Rose is soon to follow.&

I keep sniffing that Apsley sample you sent me. I like the fragrance. Tomorrow's shave.

Top Bottom