What's new

Tobacquistitions! Post Up Your Brown Leaf Goodies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stocking up for winter.

Attachments

• $tobac.JPG
    $tobac.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 236
wow you go quite a bit there! are the all those two tins?

Yes, those will probably last for years. I'll open one and the rest will go in the "cellar". I blame James for turning me on to Irish Oak by listing it as one of his "Must try tobaccos". I tried it, I liked it, now I have enough to age awhile.

Yes, those will probably last for years. I'll open one and the rest will go in the "cellar". I blame James for turning me on to Irish Oak by listing it as one of his "Must try tobaccos". I tried it, I liked it, now I have enough to age awhile.
Happy to enable. On the plus side it ages really well.

I have dabbled very little in both pipe and cigar in my younger years. I don't remember what pipe tobacco I tried, but I do remember my first cigar, it was a Cuban Cohiba. My cousin "acquired" it for me as a college graduation present, and it was fantastic! Brief history told.
That said, I have recently expressed interest in cigars. I have a client that provides commercial humidors and high end cigars for a local cigar club in Los Gatos. He gave me a sampler pack.
The pack included one each of:
-Cuesta Rey, Centro Fino Sungrown, Churchill No. 1 (Republica Dominicana)
-Brick House
-Diamond Crown (Dominican Republic)
-El Baton (Nicaragua)
All but the Brick House say "Hand made" on the label.

Anything you gentlemen can tell me about my gift pack?

Thank you in advance...

Brick House are hand made Nicaraguan-filler cigars that are widely-regarded as one of the best bang-for-your-buck smokes around. That should be a good one :thumbup1:

Don't have any experience with the others, but it doesn't look like there should be a bad one in the bunch. All are from well-regarded cigar companies, JC Newman and Fuente.

For more info, check here: http://www.cigarfamily.com/

Gonna pick me up some Tatuaje La Casita Criollo Saturday. Have spent most of my $$ on shaving stuff recently, but I do have 5 coolers and five humis full of cigars, so I'm in good shape when it comes to smokes!

Panacea torpedo sampler arrived yesterday, I'm just finishing the "Black" Maduro. This is/was a great cigar, one of the better maduros I've had. It started very sweet and mild, midway developed a strong chocolatey flavor, the end is a little stronger, still getting chocolate and a lot more leather. I can't speak for the other blends yet, but this ones a winner.

Attachments

• $panacea.JPG
    $panacea.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 202
Thanks for the info! Gonna try them out this weekend. Can't smoke at home with a pregnant wife.

Brick House are hand made Nicaraguan-filler cigars that are widely-regarded as one of the best bang-for-your-buck smokes around. That should be a good one :thumbup1:

Don't have any experience with the others, but it doesn't look like there should be a bad one in the bunch. All are from well-regarded cigar companies, JC Newman and Fuente.

For more info, check here: http://www.cigarfamily.com/

proxy.php

Do not have as many as you gents, here was yesterdays haul. I love trying different flavors, styles, sizes and brands. I also love to hear some recommendations. Always looking for a good stick to try.

Nice haul :thumbup1:

You'll have to tell me about the Rose of Latakia, haven't tried that one. Be interested in your impression of SG perfection as well.

Tickets to the first edition of the Dutch equivalent of the Big Smoke :w00t:
Not really a goodie, although lots of goodies are said to be handed out at the event :clap:

proxy.php

I have some friends that are avid American Spirit smokers. I would go through a few packs of yellow here and there, and overall was satisfied with their prepackaged offerings. I knew a guy a few years ago who swore by American Spirit Organic in the maroon pouch, so I figured I'd pick that up to tide me over until my D&R package arrived. Ugh, most over priced tobacco I've ever tried in my opinion. Smokes hot, too harsh, and it has such a high burning point that it goes out faster than FSC packaged cigs. Overall very very disappointed. so I bought another pouch of Bali Red and this awesome box roller. Pack a filter on the left, tobacco like normal in the rest of the trench area, then simply pre lick your paper, position it, and close the box and out pops a perfect cigarette from the top of the box. Seems to impress everyone who's seen it so far. Picked it up for $5 at my tobacconist.

proxy.php

We don't seem to have too many rollers here. I think that's a pity.

I used to smoke American Spirit Yellow or Blue depending on availability, until they stopped importing them to Oz. They were nice so long as you looked after them 'cause they lack the gum used in most tailors to extend their shelf life. I used to keep them in the fridge over summer. To me it sounds like that pouch of AS is stale. I once got a packet of Marlborough lights out of a vending machine in a pub that were so far gone they had no taste at all but burned just like you describe. It was fun trying to get a refund from the bar manager.

People round here are so used to stale cigarettes that they think its !@#$ing normal.

That roller looks magic.
proxy.php

I have some friends that are avid American Spirit smokers. I would go through a few packs of yellow here and there, and overall was satisfied with their prepackaged offerings. I knew a guy a few years ago who swore by American Spirit Organic in the maroon pouch, so I figured I'd pick that up to tide me over until my D&R package arrived. Ugh, most over priced tobacco I've ever tried in my opinion. Smokes hot, too harsh, and it has such a high burning point that it goes out faster than FSC packaged cigs. Overall very very disappointed. so I bought another pouch of Bali Red and this awesome box roller. Pack a filter on the left, tobacco like normal in the rest of the trench area, then simply pre lick your paper, position it, and close the box and out pops a perfect cigarette from the top of the box. Seems to impress everyone who's seen it so far. Picked it up for $5 at my tobacconist.

proxy.php

Arrived this morning via my friendly neighbourhood Aussie Post Parcel Express contractor (atually, the man is a loon). Pipes and Cigars are discounting GLP just now so I picked up a selection. Is the sticker on the bottom GLP's packaging date? If I'm reading if right they are all 2011 so it will be a while before I get around to smoking them.

The Mac Baren was recommended by someone on another forum.

proxy.php

Apologies for the crappy phone pic and the mess on my desk :001_tt2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom