What's new

Tobacquisitions - September 2019

Dang, way to jump in with both feet. :thumbup:

Haha, it was a good deal €25 for 8 pipes, 2 nice cigarette holders and a cigar holder. I bid on a pipe from this seller before and didn't realise he only accepted cards and bank transfer, messaged him and he said, PayPal's fine. So no one actually bids on his stuff and I got them pretty cheap. Some interesting ones in there. I'll post them up here when they arrive.

Picked up this off of him for €7 (with case) last time

full

Pipes arrived (it was 6 not 8, as I mentioned above, plus a cigar holder and two cigarette holders). They worked out at about €3 each. Not cleaned them up yet.

full

Couple of interesting ones, a cherry wood that I thought may make a good flake pipe, reminds me of my cobs, cheap but surprisingly well made. For my inner hillbilly :D

full

It's got quite a nicely carved bowl (much better bowl carving than the MM Ozark Mountain anyway

full

Dr Notton System Pipe, if anyone knows anything about this I'd like to know. I don't do filters and I presume this is some sort of filter system, or a way of preventing moisture build up, I can up some closer pics if anyone's interested

full

Nicely carved no name St Claude

full

full

Nice small Star Bulldog, slightly bigger than a nosewarmer, a tip of the nosewarmer I suppose

full

Bent leather covered Silver Match Deluxe Bulldog (or Rhodesian I never remember the difference)

full

And a rustic Telmu Zulu, also thought would make a good flake pipe too

full

And the cigar/cigarette holders

full

And my collection so far, whilst I'm here, vast majority of them are French made pipes

full

Last edited:
Nice small Star Bulldog, slightly bigger than a nosewarmer, a tip of the nosewarmer I suppose

full

Bent leather covered Silver Match Deluxe Bulldog (or Rhodesian I never remember the difference)

I really like that little bulldog! So, bulldogs and Rhodesian's are the same basic bowl shape, with bulldogs having a square shank, Rhodies shanks are round.

I really like that little bulldog! So, bulldogs and Rhodesian's are the same basic bowl shape, with bulldogs having a square shank, Rhodies shanks are round.

AHH yes, I can never remember whether it's the shank shape or the fact that one's bent and the other isn't, thanks for reminding me.

Top Bottom