What's new

Tobacquisitions October 2020

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Morgan Bones Lovat for Morgan Monday. Nice size on this one. It's the biggest of my Lovats.

IMG_20201019_141727086.jpg

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Lol ok McCranies Red Va from when McClelland was blending for them.
They sold a lot of McClelland rebranded with names relating to the local area. The prior owners were really good guys. They always took your pipe and waxed and polished it. There were chairs to sit in and try different tobaccos. There was a good cigar collection and expensive pipes. Even their basket pipes were good quality. I don’t believe the current operators are a part of the original family. I haven’t been in there for a few years. It was a classic and very cool shop in its own old building in the middle if shopping center parking lot where you always felt welcome and attended to. I almost stopped in last week when I went by there but figured it would be hard to sample tobacco while wearing a mask

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
They sold a lot of McClelland rebranded with names relating to the local area. The prior owners were really good guys. They always took your pipe and waxed and polished it. There were chairs to sit in and try different tobaccos. There was a good cigar collection and expensive pipes. Even their basket pipes were good quality. I don’t believe the current operators are a part of the original family. I haven’t been in there for a few years. It was a classic and very cool shop in its own old building in the middle if shopping center parking lot where you always felt welcome and attended to. I almost stopped in last week when I went by there but figured it would be hard to sample tobacco while wearing a mask

It’s bygone era for sure. Now it’s all about cigars, vaping and cannabis.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
It’s bygone era for sure. Now it’s all about cigars, vaping and cannabis.
Not for us. My first tobacco shop was Georgetown Tobacco in Alexandria, Va. The owner, John Crouch, pretty much taught me about pipe smoking even though it eventually took years. For the first few years, I smoked mostly English especially the house blend “Old Georgetown” which is still available by mail order. John always smoked GBD’s which I couldn’t afford at the time. Georgetown Tobacco became a big deal to the point they actually moved to Georgetown in DC where they still operate to serve the wealthy. Had I been so fortunate.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

And if you come across any of the McCranie’s branded pipes that are stamped Made in England, they were made by Bill Taylor of Ashton. The bowls are Ashton bowls with stems made from blanks instead of being fully handcut stems. Great pipes and great value!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom